02 crf450 SM wont start after new stator

Need some help guys I cant figure out, I put a new flywheel and stator from trail tech because I want it to run lights on the bike, so before I took it apart I start it up and make sure it run which it did fine, now after putting the new flywheel and stator the bike wont start it has good spark that was the first thing that I checked and it looks pretty healthy spark, what else I'm missing?

It is possible... the flywheel key slid out and the flywheel is not in proper alighnment. It is also possible the crank position sensor that tells the CDI when to fire is not installed correctly.

If youve got spark and fuel and it ran before the only thing that can be wrong is the spark is timed wrong.

Unless you did something silly like forgot to turn the gas on....

Check your timing as per manual.

Edit: I was typing while ^^^ was posting.

Edited by dgcars
^^^

Well I'll check tonight, I'll take the cover off and double check everything

check the carb. i know it's basic. but, i've found that sometimes this will cause a starting issue. check it all. not just the jets, but take the choke out and clean it as well. if you've got spark, then fuel is the thing to check. also, check the petcock at the fuel tank. pull it out and check the flow. love the 02's!

Ok the flywheel did move from the key position, and got bind so that was the problem, thanks guys now i might need a new frywheel because it crack from where it suppose to align with the key

Ok the flywheel did move from the key position, and got bind so that was the problem, thanks guys now i might need a new frywheel because it crack from where it suppose to align with the key

.. it's the small details.. bummer.