Brake pads for NW

Washington

Is there a better pad for all this water? 4 rides of 2 track and 2 st at tahuya and my rear pads are almost done. Im not heavy on them either, as i use the front way more. I am running rmatv sintered metal pads... they last fine when its dry.... rotor is a wave rotor, full of holes and in good shape.

Thats the way it goes my friend. Sintered pads are for wet but still wear out fast. At the Spark Plug one year i had brand new pads front and rear. By the end of the race they were metal to metal. A soild rotor will help.

Lot has to do with riding style and bike too. If your cut and slash brake slider or ride the rear brake they go fast in those conditions. Sometime guys ride the brake and don't know if the pedal is adjusted high. I also went through way more pads riding twostrokes than I do with my current fourstroke, using the compression braking more than the pedal.

get more than 4 rides, but not a lot more. I use nuetron pads at 7.99, and buy em by the 1/2 dozen. Ride those trashed tahuya trails all winter.

Lot has to do with riding style and bike too. If your cut and slash brake slider or ride the rear brake they go fast in those conditions. Sometime guys ride the brake and don't know if the pedal is adjusted high. I also went through way more pads riding twostrokes than I do with my current fourstroke, using the compression braking more than the pedal.

get more than 4 rides, but not a lot more. I use nuetron pads at 7.99, and buy em by the 1/2 dozen. Ride those trashed tahuya trails all winter.

Im riding a 200 2 stroke, pedal is not adjusted high, but 2 of the rides were damn near race pace. looks like it will have 1 more ride left..

yep....sintered pads ( and lot's of 'em) and solid rear rotor are the set up for tahuya.

Joe

So is a cheap sintered pad going to be the best bang for the buck?

yep....sintered pads ( and lot's of 'em) and solid rear rotor are the set up for tahuya.

Joe

Agree - been using EBC as they are cheap for me but don't forget to grease the slide pins too. Are your pads wearing evenly side to side pretty much?

Agree - been using EBC as they are cheap for me but don't forget to grease the slide pins too. Are your pads wearing evenly side to side pretty much?

fairly close