Sign in to follow this  

fuel/oil ratio

hey guys , i just picked up a 84 yamaha IT200 about a week ago and was wondering if there are any "IT" owners on here that would know the best ratio to mix the gas . there seems to be a little spooge coming from the exhaust and i was thinking i had it mixed to rich or maybe something else ?

right now i have it mixed at 32:1 and i see some spooge spatter on the rear fender . Any help is appreciated , thanx .

I have an '85 IT200 and I'm trying 36:1 , same as a YZ490 I used to own.

I'm still trying to figure out the carb on the IT though. It floods the plug in very short order. I think it will be a fun bike if I get the carb straightened out.

the guy i bought it from said he was doing 40:1 as well . i was told by a friend to do 32:1 and it has been fouling alot of plugs since i went 32:1 . i can be riding fine for a couple hrs and shut it off then restart and it dies within a min or so . i pull the plug and it is actally wet with oil and as soon as i drop another plug in she fires right up and gone again . i have been wondering if the idle screw or air screw can affect this as well . the idle screw seems turned out pretty far and the air is out 2 1/2 turns . this is kinda frustrating cuz i ride with 4 stroke guys and they all rag on me so any help is appreciated

hey guys , i just picked up a 84 yamaha IT200 about a week ago and was wondering if there are any "IT" owners on here that would know the best ratio to mix the gas . there seems to be a little spooge coming from the exhaust and i was thinking i had it mixed to rich or maybe something else ?

right now i have it mixed at 32:1 and i see some spooge spatter on the rear fender . Any help is appreciated , thanx .

Here is your bible for premix. http://articles.superhunky.com/4/194

thanx for the bible . could a bad spark plug wire cause my issue ?