Sign in to follow this  

DR350S exhaust

Bought a 91 350S a couple weeks ago and I've got it tuned up and have the starting procedure down pat(3 0r 4 kicks)now I am wanting to replace the old rusty exhaust with something else any suggestions.Pictures would be nice.Thanks millman

If the stocker isn't too badly rusted, I would clean it up and send it to Jesse at Keintech for a rework.

All the aftermarket pipes are LOUD.

I have a SuperTrapp IDS2 Quiet.

TheBikes006.jpg

http://img24.xooimage.com/files/2/9/5/sdc10546-1d6e880.jpg

I forgot to mention you have to click on the second link my bad. This exhaust is tunable to your liking. I have 8/12 discs in mine. You can have as little as none or all 12. You can even add more then 12 by buying more discs. Anyways mine is DAMN LOUD. The more discs the louder, less the quieter. Also the end cap on mine is rotated so you can position it differently. Mine just hit the rear fender.

I'd clean up and paint the stock pipe if possible.

Aftermarket pipes get annoying after a while.

I had an ear splitting SuperTrapp on my older 350 for about a week.

It's been sitting in my shop for years......

There's nothing wrong with the stock exhaust but the Mod that Kientech does is a nice balance if you want a little more noise and maybe a possible power increase.

Whatever you do, make sure you retain the spark arrestor.

No fires :smirk:

Is there a way to make the Supertrap quieter? I recently bought a '94 DR350se which the previous owner had put the aftermarket exhaust on. I took it for the first long relatively high speed ride today and I thought my ears were going to bleed!

Is there a way to make the Supertrap quieter? I recently bought a '94 DR350se which the previous owner had put the aftermarket exhaust on. I took it for the first long relatively high speed ride today and I thought my ears were going to bleed!

Supertrapps are tunable -- you take off the end cap and there is a stack of discs -- the more discs there are, the more air the pipe can flow, and the more noise it makes.

I have the older style Supertrapp (not the IDS system pictured above) -- I am currently running with 6 discs. It is louder than I would like, but tolerable. I tried running with 3 discs, but could not get the idle mixture right -- it would stall after idling for 30 seconds or so. I think 3 discs was not enough flow.

Open yours up and see how many discs are there.

Be aware that you will need to make carb. adjustments to compensate for changing the flow.

Also, use some moly on the threads of the screws that hold the discs in -- I like the copper stuff, it is very resistant to high heat.

Supertrapps are tunable -- you take off the end cap and there is a stack of discs -- the more discs there are, the more air the pipe can flow, and the more noise it makes.

I have the older style Supertrapp (not the IDS system pictured above) -- I am currently running with 6 discs. It is louder than I would like, but tolerable. I tried running with 3 discs, but could not get the idle mixture right -- it would stall after idling for 30 seconds or so. I think 3 discs was not enough flow.

Same here but I went down to 4 discs. It was easy to jet/tune and It's not terribly loud but still much louder than stock.

I did notice a bit more bottom end grunt with 4 discs.

I still prefer the stock muffler as I sometimes ride in places where I probably shouldn't be :smirk: