Sign in to follow this  

Kawasaki kxf 250

Hi,

Just bought a 2008 kxf 250, it is second hand, and has been previously used by a kawasaki pro rider, but i dont know how many hours he used it for but i imagine it was used hard, i was just wondering how long people think the engine will last on it, as i dont have enough money to buy another bike if it goes bang, and its always on the back of my mind,

Cheers

If it goes bang it would probably cost the same as buying another second hand bike. Best bet would be to open it up and check all the tolerances and make sure everything measures within spec. Check all bearings, fresh oil, and freshly cleaned/oiled air filter. Preventative maintenance will keep you from breaking the bank.

If it goes bang it would probably cost the same as buying another second hand bike. Best bet would be to open it up and check all the tolerances and make sure everything measures within spec. Check all bearings, fresh oil, and freshly cleaned/oiled air filter. Preventative maintenance will keep you from breaking the bank.

+1. Best advice you are going to get. New piston & cam chain are probably going to be on your shopping list too :smirk: