Sign in to follow this  

CRF150R vs RB peg to seat height

My girlfriend has been riding a crf150f and loves the thing but as many have already said its HEAVY and to heavy for her to pick up by herself on the race track unless shes on flat ground.

So obviously the upgrade is the crf150r right? I picked up a used one that needed some TLC fixed it up and took her to the track to play with the new toy but she hates the feel of it compared to the 150f not the engine power just the cockpit..

So i took some measurements and the 150f peg to seat height is about 20 inches while the 150r is only 18 1/2

my question is .. does the big wheel or expert version have the same peg to seat height? were considering selling and getting the expert because I think it would be more like the 150f

the local dealer doesnt have one in stock for me to go measure and I havnt found anything on line

and one more thing do you guys think the bigger wheels make a huge difference in riding? or should i just fix the cockpit problem and keep the small wheels?

Remmy,

I have both a 150f and a150RB (big wheel version) and yes the 150f is roomier. I am quite certain there is no difference between the 150R and 150RB for seat to footpeg height (the frames are the same). You can improve the 150RB ergos by putting on handlebar risers and aftermarket footpegs. Fastway makes a foot peg that is lower than stock but I'm not sure by how much. I think the bigger wheels will make a big difference in smoothing out the ride over rough ground. My son is 5/4" and 110lb and has no problem handling the big wheel version.

+1 no difference in seat height between R & RB. Quick and cheap way to more room is gonna be tall seat foam.

Guts Racing and BBR (i'm sure there are others as well) that offer a taller seat foam.

I've looked around for information about the amount of height either the seat foam or pegs give you and i cannot find any numbers

Can anyone that has installed the pegs and or seat give me some real life numbers on the height difference?

150f is a seat riding trail bike. 150r is a stand up type riding. Add in higher bars to get her up while racing might help, otherwise a high rise seat. I bought a high rise seat from the classifieds cheap, sadly I cut it down for my son.

Drop in a set of Handlebar risers (+30 to +50mm ... buy a kit with various height options to try), a Taller seat (+30 mm) .. and if money permits a set of Fastway Footpegs (drop another 10mm). The fastway footpegs only add a bit of room, but every bit counts.:smirk:

This will gain you about 40 mm of riding comfort when seated and be very close or the same of the 150F

Thanks for the info exactly what im looking for! I'm surprised the pegs only make a 10 mm difference and people complain about them dragging in ruts? I think it would be hard to tell the difference

I lowered my pegs by by about an inch and a half. I still have no problem dragging them in ruts? Im an intermediate big bike rider. who said they had trouble dragging the pegs in ruts?

Tom

Thanks for the info exactly what im looking for! I'm surprised the pegs only make a 10 mm difference and people complain about them dragging in ruts? I think it would be hard to tell the difference

The Fastway pegs don't make a big difference, but if you have the $$$ pick up a set. 10mm is better than nothing :prof:

I believe TwowheelToms low pegs are a "custom build" .... that guy is pretty talented when it comes to fabrication work.:smirk:

Oops .. Sorry Tom ... corrected spelling. Typing error, but the original spelling did come across "subject to interpretation" .... fixed .. sorry about that:busted::smirk::lol:

Edited by supervokes

Tom.

Any chance you can post up a pic or two of the lowered pegs. I have a buddy that rides a 150rb and needs some more room in the cockpit ...

Beware when lowering pegs on the frame, the kick start lever will hit the case and not the foot peg as it would in it original position, I did this as well and it allowed us to finish the year, but I was always on my kid to be careful when kicking. We never cracked the case but it is very possible especially when sitting on the bike stand, that where I noticed what "could" happen.