I have a question for you 41 FCR experts

Hi All. I've got a bit of problem thats puzzling me. The engine is running well but the fuel idle fuel screw wants to be 4 1/2 turns out to idle it's best. Runs and idles OK there but it's too far out. I'm afraid I'm going to lose it. I've went from a 48 to a 50 to a 52 pilot and that doesn't make any difference. Carbs pretty new and I've blown out the passages. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

pilot 52 now

needle EMR 3rd

Main 178

Pilot air jet out

did you have the slide out of the carb?

No, never have taken it out.

pilot air jet removed

Mmmmm.....What fuel screw are you using?..Does it have a washer installed?

make sure the slide plate is square end down.

its a fcr-mx? from?

I got it straight from Sudco. frc-mx. I've never taken it apart except to change jets and remove pilot air jet. Still has the original fuel screw with the washer in place.

make sure the slide plate is square end down. wouldnt be the first time one was wrong from new.

This is not likely related to your issue, but a 178 main jet seems awfully large to be using with the EMR needle.

I'll pull it off and check the slide and make sure everything else looks good. Thanks.

My air box is pretty well opened up, quite a bit more than 3x3. Also running a K&N filter. That's why the 178 main.

This is not likely related to your issue, but a 178 main jet seems awfully large to be using with the EMR needle.

Yes..not related to this issue.....The mj is around the average size for a stroker motor...I run a 175mj and EMR needle with open/drilled side cover and K&N in my 485..