lighting coil and fww for 06

hey guys i just bought a 2008 crf 450 and want to put lights on it... and i was woundering if the lighting coil and fww off a 06 will work on my 08???

thanks for any help

Yes, they will fit. Stators are from 05-08 (i'm pretty sure) and flywheels are from 02-08.

Edited by screnshaw400
More info
Looks like 02-04 and 05-08

Ya don't get much lighting from the OEM flywheel though it looks like.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2010/default.asp?p=780

The trail tech heavier flywheels can be ordered with stronger magnets. I think that they add about 20-30% more power. I should see what mine is putting out, was just too busy with putting it back together, but it works great. I have a lighting coil/stator and a heavy flywheel (11 oz.) that has the aforementioned higher strength magnets on it.

Ya that catalog says something about 30w with the OEM flywheel but 90w with the better magnets which makes sense when the wrong flywheel is used without the lighting system that it burns up the CDI box.

Ya that catalog says something about 30w with the OEM flywheel but 90w with the better magnets which makes sense when the wrong flywheel is used without the lighting system that it burns up the CDI box.

That sounds about right, I can't remember, but I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that if the stock stator is used with a high strength flywheel from trail tech, something like around 200 volts is sent from the stator to the cdi module. Something tells me that the cdi can act very finicky when it has 200 volts shoved down it's throat.