Sign in to follow this  

1980 yz125 cylinder head?

Hi everybody, i thought i would give this forum a shot.

Okay so about a year ago me and my brother went to go riding, like usual his was a :smirk: to start. So after like 5 minutes of kicking, we decided that trying to pull start it would work.

So i got on my ttr125 and started pullin him, sure enough about 5 seconds later i was deafened. we were able to get about 5-10 mins of riding before a loud crack/clunk sound. Come to are surprise the cylinder literally broke off the bottom end!

So that's why i came here in desperate needs of recommendations.

Or if any body has a 80 yz 125 cylinder? i could get pics of yall want to see:smirk:

The 1980 YZ125G cylinder is unique. Later and earlier model cylinders won't fit. The 80/81 IT175 cylinder will probably work, but you'd also need the matching head and may have hassles with jetting.

As to where to find one... usual sources of used dirt bike bits.

Need help timing my 1980 yz125....if anyone comes across this that has any info for me I would be greatly appreciative!

Need help timing my 1980 yz125....if anyone comes across this that has any info for me I would be greatly appreciative!

Might make a new thread....just say'n

sorry nickshep for not replying... i have a manual for the 1980 yz 125 and i could take some pics if you want. But from a personal experience of trying to trouble shoot, why it wouldn't run for like 2 weeks. i find it hard to believe most of it, turned out that the manual was wrong:censored:

If i could remember what or were i have the specs we tuned it to i well try to post it.:ride:

That would be great HellzDarkestFury! I would appreciate it if you could post the pics and if you could find those spec please post them as well or email them to me...nbrandon1982 hotmail...Thanks Man!!!!

Hey HellzDarkestFury just wanted to let you know my 1980 yz125 is fully rebuilt up and running great. I figured out the timing on my own. I although appreciate your response.