Improving the front brake on the 2010

hey guys,

i have been looking at replacing the OEM front rotor with an oversized 270mm one. Does anyone have the same problem? i have changed out the fluid numerous times and its still turns to mush through a moto, Does anyone have the same problem?

has anyone had experience with using the oversized front? is it worth the $$

cheers,

I have the same problem on my 2010 RMX450, I installed a oversized hoping that would help and it did with the bite, but it still gets mushy. I have an 08 RMZ450 and I had installed a oversized on it and it's fantastic. I thought that I had read somewhere that they had change something in the caliper on the 10's and was thinking about ordering one off an 08 for my RMX. I'm not 100% on this, just something I thought I had read. Anybody else out there with this issue?

if ur gonna order a new caliper the 2011s are unbeatable well at least i know on my 2011 Z-250 that front brakes are fantastic. not sure if they are the same calipers but they are killer on the 250

My 09 gets really spongy in high heat (really hot weather) and thats the only time I've had an issue. I wonder if going with a stainless steel brake line would make a difference? Less swelling or maybe even no swelling in the conditions we encounter; more positive feel at the lever?

The reason it gets spongy is because of the brake line. The oem brake line will start to get softer over time as this happens when you apply pressure to the brake lever the line will expand and then after it expands then the fluid will be deverted to the brake caliper. I would replace it with stainless steel brake lines. Hel performance are the ones I use because they will build them to oem specs most other ss brake lines are one line fits all. Hel has the brake line spec for the rmz all ready since they are the same as the 2008 line. They have multiple color choices so you can get a custom look. helperformance.com They have united states dealers now. I still get mine from the UK because I get a smokin deal from them you can email them at help@race-lines.uk.co In the subject box type in Att Andy Grant Front and rear lines are around 80 bucks delivered

I bought a used caliper and master cylinder for an 06 CRF 450 used off ebay for $20. Bolts right up and is a night and day differance over the stock 08 suzuki. Search this forum, there were a few guys that did this, and all had good results.

I also used a 08 crf450r master cylinder off ebay with a 270mm oversized rotor

on my 06 rmz450, It's really different than the original one..

Nice, we have a few diff options then! Good stuff guys!

Hello My friend's!

I have a 08', change the master cylinder for the Honda one, brade steel line,a oversize rotor, and a good motul brake fluid.That improved allot!!!

Racertodd, just went onto that website, the products look real good so i sent an email. im searching ebay for a honda master cylinder now.. does it matter what model it comes off? or are they all the same spec?

thanks guys great input

Racertodd, just went onto that website, the products look real good so i sent an email. im searching ebay for a honda master cylinder now.. does it matter what model it comes off? or are they all the same spec?

thanks guys great input

I would try the lines first and then see what happens.

I changed out the brake reservoir on mine to a KX model. I got it brand new with the lever attached for 45 bucks. MADE the diffrence!! Some reason the stock RMZ seem to soft. I did not change the brake line but it was still a 20-30% improvement which I wanted.

I was going to steal the one off my 426 as that front brake is a beast.. but would not fit.

Look for a different one on ebay, I think Kawi's and some Honda's match up and are better.