2011 CRF 250R pros and cons

I am looking into buying a new bike. I've heard alot of good things about this bike. I was just wondering what the advantages and disadavantages are of this bike. Thanks

My friend just got one. Huge handling, power and suspension difference and looks great. Came of an 05

Really nice bike all around. From my '10, the handling feels good with some adjusting and it seems a little tamed down. Super smooth bike.

Cons:

Reliability

No low to mid power

make or break handling

Pros:

make or break handling

looks awesome

top end

plush suspension

Reliability seems to be awesome on the 2011. My 2011 crf lasted longer than my 2011 rmz. Its a great bike youll love it!

Is there any siginificant problems with the FI?

No FI problems, But its worthwhile to get it re tuned and take out the backfire filter. It makes a big difference. You need to remap with every single cange fyi. I love my 2011. I have a pro circuit linkage with a revalve and holy smokes this thing handles amazing. The forks are soft stock depending on your weight and ability. And you need to run more sag with the stock 144mm link. Let me know if you need anything else ill try to help. RMZ riders info is jaded so dont bother listening to that crap lol.

Thanks MxPro83. That helps alot. And how exactly do I remap it?

No FI problems, But its worthwhile to get it re tuned and take out the backfire filter. It makes a big difference. You need to remap with every single cange fyi. I love my 2011. I have a pro circuit linkage with a revalve and holy smokes this thing handles amazing. The forks are soft stock depending on your weight and ability. And you need to run more sag with the stock 144mm link. Let me know if you need anything else ill try to help. RMZ riders info is jaded so dont bother listening to that crap lol.

How is it jaded? I've put hours on a 2010 crf and rmz?

Beat it rmzrider

sxfrider you will need to buy the honda tuner or send out your ecm. Id buy the honda tuner I bought one and you will get a custom map with it if you get it from eddie sisneros, with what set up you have. Dont buy the yoshi or powercommander they only adjust air fuel ratio. You need to adjust the ignition timing as well is what the hrc tuner does. Cheers mannng!

Beat it rmzrider

:smirk:

Where can i get the tuner?

Local Honda shop should be able to supply you with what you are looking for.