Sign in to follow this  

mirror options

Ok, I am tired of seeing the bugs on my shoulders. What are you guys running for mirrors and how do you like them. I am thinking of the bar end ones from Procycle. Does anyone run those, I am scared of some of the cheap aftermarket ones due to some bad vibrations and the shaking that happens. I still want to be able to see what is behind me. I also wouldn’t mind ones that fold out of the way when on the dirt. There are a lot of choices out there but would like some feed back from fellow DR riders. So tell me what you have with pro’s and con’s.

Thanks Guys

I've been running those Procycle folding barend ones for a while now and really like them. They fold up great behind my Acerbis gaurds: if I dump the bike when they're folded ther's no way I'll break 'em. There's a plastic bushing/cover thing that the mirror swivels on at the mount... so far so good but I'm not sure if it will last very long. Also, at first I didn't think I would like having my mirrors so low, but the barend location is actually a really good spot and I just keep my rear fender in the frame for refrence... instread of my arm and shoulder.

I have the Pro-cycle ones. I like them for where they fit, however mine vibrate enough that the image is not clear. I do have Renthal FatBars so they may transmit a bit more vibration than the stock 7/8" bars do.

I use the Ken Sean dual sport mirrors. You can't tell it from the picture, but the stalk pivots and folds at the base. If you want to go in the woods, you can just fold them inward out of the way. Fold 'em back when you get on the street. You can angle them outward far enough to get a good view behind you. They're only about $30 a pair.

dk391305.jpg

Here's what they look like on the bike:

May2011001.jpg

I use the Ken Sean dual sport mirrors. You can't tell it from the picture, but the stalk pivots and folds at the base. If you want to go in the woods, you can just fold them inward out of the way. Fold 'em back when you get on the street. You can angle them outward far enough to get a good view behind you. They're only about $30 a pair.

These are what I prefer for all my (dirt) dual sports. It's not going to give you a super clear image since vibrations tend to distort anything that's flexible. Not as bad as the plastic acerbis but still a little bit fuzzy when winding out the motor. However, it's good enough to let you know what's behind you and that's enough for me. Off road, they fold right out of the way (no tools). I've seen many a nice rigid mirror snap when a bike takes a tumble.

+1 on the ken Sean I just put them on and for the money you can't beat them.

I won't pay too much for mirrors on my bike there disposable :smirk:

I can see with ease whats behind me, no vibrations beyond stock configuration. 2011-05-07_17-33-47_966.jpg

I've had these for a little over a year:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pair-Black-Mirrors-Suzuki-DR200-DR350-DRZ400-DR650-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c4ce73f9dQQitemZ190268784541QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

About $20 with shipping for a pair. They don't fold up, but they only take 20 seconds to remove. They're a little more modern looking (in my opinion) than the stock mirrors and don't vibrate much at higher speeds.

mirror.jpg

Thanks for all the ideas, I like the idea of the extensions but also like the idea of just folding them away. Does any one have a pic of the bar end ones installed?

I like the doubletake mirrors, just a bit pricey. But they are high on the list. Plus i think they use a ram style mount ?

Not just a RAM "style" mount, it is a RAM mount.

We will warranty the mirror body for the life of the product, but for obvious reasons cannot extend the same protection to the glass insert. We do sell the glass separately if you manage to break it. We also have a satisfaction guarantee—if you receive your mirror and aren't happy with it for any reason, you can return it for a refund.

I've gotten spoiled with the Sean Ken. My gold standard for adjustability is the capacity to adjust or fold them with one hand while riding. Not many out there that can do this. A buddy of mine did an endo on a down hill ride with his KLX that had mirrors just like the ones on ebay. The glass part snapped off leaving the only the steel shaft. He probably should have removed them before riding but we were on FSRs, and never expected to find such a nice hilly trail let alone tackle it.