Whats With all the Spoilers Today???

Motocross

Seriously, Some of us haven't watched the races today yet and there are winners names in the titles of a few threads already. At least wait until the end of the weekend.

If I don't want to know the results I don't come to TT. I can't believe that people are surprised to see racing results in the pro racing forum. Sorry if I'm unsympathetic.

Seriously, Some of us haven't watched the races today yet and there are winners names in the titles of a few threads already. At least wait until the end of the weekend.

Read BEFORE you participate in this forum. You've been warned!!! - Spoiler Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We used to have an informal rule/courtesy where if you are going to post race results to put the word "spoiler" in your thread title. From now on, it is NOT a rule, but purely a courtesy, so we'll not be enforcing its use period. So, if you choose to use it, great. Like I said, it's a nice courtesy to your fellow readers. But, If you don't or forget, that's fine too.

If you don't want to have a race spoiled for you, I'd suggest steering clear of this particular area of the site until you have watched said race.

:smirk::smirk::lol::prof:

Read BEFORE you participate in this forum. You've been warned!!! - Spoiler Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We used to have an informal rule/courtesy where if you are going to post race results to put the word "spoiler" in your thread title. From now on, it is NOT a rule, but purely a courtesy, so we'll not be enforcing its use period. So, if you choose to use it, great. Like I said, it's a nice courtesy to your fellow readers. But, If you don't or forget, that's fine too.

If you don't want to have a race spoiled for you, I'd suggest steering clear of this particular area of the site until you have watched said race.

:smirk::smirk::lol::prof:

Great common sense advice.

No doubt, its the pro racing forum....

The problem is when names are in the thread title, It comes up on the feed on the home page. I am all for having discussion about it. It would just be nice if names were left out of the title.

Oh and I only came to the Pro Racing area after it was all over the Feed on the home page.

The problem is when names are in the thread title, It comes up on the feed on the home page. I am all for having discussion about it. It would just be nice if names were left out of the title.

Oh and I only came to the Pro Racing area after it was all over the Feed on the home page.

I understand where you're coming from but that problem is pretty easy to take care of also. You can choose not to display the most recent threads on the home page - just in case you can't stay away from TT.

Edit - Just collapse the most recent threads section on the home page, then close TT. When you open TT again, no SURPRISE.:smirk: Works for the Special Interest forums also.

Edited by OKVet

Pro forum spoils the surprise -> stay out of pro forum

Main page spoils the surprise -> fill in the blank

Or just don't scroll down far enough to even see the pro forum titles.

PS: this thread showed up on the main page, and saved me from reading a spoiler title, so thanks!

just dont go to thumpertalk on the weekends, with no spoiler thread title enforcement that's really your only option

there's a few other forums that enforce it that are spoiler safe

just dont go to thumpertalk on the weekends, with no spoiler thread title enforcement that's really your only option

there's a few other forums that enforce it that are spoiler safe

Which ones?

all of them that I go to, dirtrider, georgiaoffroad, allthingsmoto

all of them that I go to, dirtrider, georgiaoffroad, allthingsmoto

Awesome. Glad to see you got it covered.

no idea why you would care, please dont go onto those forums and post spoilers