Sign in to follow this  

cost per ride!

Anyone ever crunched numbers to see how much an average ride day (5hrs running) costs them? ive been doing numbers and there pretty harry and this is fancy parts no graphics nothing like that just strictley wear and tear

im not including gas prices as it must differ widley but i know here i use about 20$ worth of gas and that 2$ of 2 stroke thats 22$ thats not the scary part the bad part is 61$ per ride plus gas ~83$ thats an expensive day and just if anyones curious im basing this on yearly cost and average lifespan of parts also based on a 200-250 hr a year rider

this is just a 2 smoke

bars 65$

grips (4) 50$

bearings (all) 350$

fork oil seals such 100$

shock oil seal nitrogen 50$

tires 3 sets 450$

top end kits (4) 600$

gasket kit 100$

botom end rebuild crank and bearings 280

clutch 180$

brake pads 100$

tubes 50$

filters and filter cleaners 150$(no toils)

oil changes 200

fender or 2 50-100$

levers? 75$

sprocket chain kit?(probably every 2 years but hey wats another 150$

cylinder repair 200$

$3200 thats also 5hrs every weekend for 52 weeks (260 hrs) :smirk:

and thats doing all your own work excluding cylinder repair

yeah its expensive. i was just pricing out a little thing. That being how much a gallon of mixed 2 stroke gas is. and.. damn, 6 dollars.

I did it and for my maintenance schedule it broke down to around $40 for every hour I put on my hour meter :smirk: I did the price of each part (or oil, gas, etc) divided by the number of hours before I normally change it, then added them all up. The most expensive things were gas and tires, suspension maintenance was up there too. Some things are better left unknown...

Just wait 'til you have kids and you have to do it for your bike AND theirs!

Factor in the cost of the bike, and I've paid over $1100 an hour to ride this year. It's been raining for over a month. I have 5.5 hours on the bike.

Heh. My XR200 cost me about $120 total after three years of use, not including gas.

My CRF450 is not costing me that much more either.

I have sleds that eat 15 gallons of 110 every ride, plus they consume $100 belts and the $50 to get to the hill.......so as long as my cost per ride stays under $5 per minute, its a bargain.

Im to busy riding and having fun,if you have to start adding up numbers you might as well stay home and take up a different sport.

It cost me 30 per hour on my crf250r plus $25 track fee plus $10 in gas to get to the closest track. Thats $65 to pracice for one hour one day.

mine costs me around 100$ per ride. ive had the bike for 3+ years now. I have 160 engine hours on it. and total so far I have spent near 20,000$ on it (2005 crf450r. 2 engine rebuilds + replaced everything else with best aftermarket you can get!) thats over 100$ an hour. the price is starting to go down though because I have ever aftermarket part bell and whistle on the bike now!!

aveage riding day:

gas in truck: 20-40$ depends if we need to drive half hour or 2 hours.

gas in bike: 15$~

food all day: 20$

gatorade: 10$

"smoking material" 20$

oil change + clean air filter every 2-3 rides: 10$

then once you start factoring in broken stuff, worn out sprockets, sets of tires at 250$ a pop, it starts adding up fast!!! its still worth it in the end though.

yesterday I travelled 2 hours to ride for 1.5 engine hours, 45km, before a stick punctured my rad and ruined my weekend. it cost me 60$ in gas for the truck yesterday, 10$ in gas for the bike, 30$ in food and drinks + I need to buy a new rad + rad guards which is going to cost 250$ for new rads and guards. yesterday cost me over 300$ and I rode for 1.5 hours...

Today to go 1hr away for me and my son to ride will be $90 before food and drinks (just fuel/bike cost) so probably $110. To go to the closest other track is ~$150. Next closest is ~$180 for a day of riding. All before any maintenance, filters, etc. Would not miss any moment with my son, but the economy makes it tough. The beach is about $40 but he REALLY wants to ride and we ride about 3-5 times a month.

If we didn't ride think of all the money saved and all the really cool stuff we could do like Buy a 2nd house or another wife. I've never broke it down to the extent of life span of parts and maintenance costs otherwise I would probably cry a little or go buy a xr200 usually it's just the gas prices and Mileage I put down after that I try not to keep track

Im to busy riding and having fun,if you have to start adding up numbers you might as well stay home and take up a different sport.

what he said...

Anyone ever crunched numbers to see how much an average ride day (5hrs running) costs them? ive been doing numbers and there pretty harry and this is fancy parts no graphics nothing like that just strictley wear and tear

im not including gas prices as it must differ widley but i know here i use about 20$ worth of gas and that 2$ of 2 stroke thats 22$ thats not the scary part the bad part is 61$ per ride plus gas ~83$ thats an expensive day and just if anyones curious im basing this on yearly cost and average lifespan of parts also based on a 200-250 hr a year rider

this is just a 2 smoke

bars 65$

grips (4) 50$

bearings (all) 350$

fork oil seals such 100$

shock oil seal nitrogen 50$

tires 3 sets 450$

top end kits (4) 600$

gasket kit 100$

botom end rebuild crank and bearings 280

clutch 180$

brake pads 100$

tubes 50$

filters and filter cleaners 150$(no toils)

oil changes 200

fender or 2 50-100$

levers? 75$

sprocket chain kit?(probably every 2 years but hey wats another 150$

cylinder repair 200$

$3200 thats also 5hrs every weekend for 52 weeks (260 hrs) :smirk:

and thats doing all your own work excluding cylinder repair

That a very cheap controlled adrenalin rush! Think about what compares & the cost & you will see 83 bucks is a bargin! I just hope that we can retain access to the trails & tracks

I think you're looking at this all wrong, it's not how much it costs to ride, it's how much does it cost NOT to ride.

Good divorce lawyers don't come cheap! :smirk:

i concur......read my signature line :smirk:

JOE

i refuse to think of riding like that...its more of what it gives me and my family than what we have to put into it

I'm sort of the opposite when thinking about costs in my sports/hobbies. I WANT to spend money! :prof: I work hard, have a good job, the kids are grown up and I'm single!

It's all about me! :smirk:

If I want purple anodized triple trees, I'm getting them and the hell with retirement! :smirk:

I'm sort of the opposite when thinking about costs in my sports/hobbies. I WANT to spend money! :prof: I work hard, have a good job, the kids are grown up and I'm single!

It's all about me! :smirk:

If I want purple anodized triple trees, I'm getting them and the hell with retirement! :smirk:

Like the way this guy rolls....