Sign in to follow this  

KTM's 150 SX

k so here we go,,

For my birthday in a months time i want to sell my CRF150F and get a KTM 150 SX but theres a problem,

First up does anyone know how low these bikes can go? (Seat Height) because im only about 5-5.1ft tall. I know i would have to lower it a little.

Secondly what year is the best? 2011, 2010 or 2009 :smirk:

Thirdly!! is this bike even any good?:smirk:?

oh and almost forgot how far will it go on one fuel tank?

Edited by Confused KX
Needed to add something

Well, I have an 06 125sx that I hare scramble. I'm 5'5" also. I put on the ktm powerparts low seat and I can still only tiptoe. I believe the 06 bikes had an even lower standard seat height than the newer ones anyway. Coming from a 250f, mine seemed to drink a lot of fuel, so I installed a fuel tank from a 2006 xc model (sx=7.5l vs xc 11.5l) so now, end of worries, an extra gal. I haven't found that I'm much faster, but I sure FEEL faster, and i'm MUCH LESS TIRED. Coming from your 150f, any purebred race bike will be an improvement. FWIW, I sat on a 105sx last w/e and it fit me great. I race age class though, so I already lose too much in the open fields to consider the 105. I dont know your needs though

Get the ktm powerparts low seat and the X Bushing, together these will give you about 1 to 1.5" lower. Thats the best you can do without having your suspension professionally lowered and thats just not worth it. Drop your forks 5-8mm to.

Your 150sx will rip, Enjoy!

So i just properly measured myself and i am 5'2" the main thing here is if your 5'5" with the lower seat and can only tip toe then i probably wont be able to touch unless there is something else i can do aswell? i read on another forum that you can get a suspension lowering kit, is this true?

Thanks

Edited by Confused KX

So i just properly measured myself and i am 5'2" the main thing here is if your 5'5" with the lower seat and can only tip toe then i probably wont be able to touch unless there is something else i can do aswell? i read on another forum that you can get a suspension lowering kit, is this true?

Thanks

Read through your thread before you post more questions. All you can do is get the powerparts low seat or shave your seat and get the X bushing which I already mentioned. http://www.shop.synergyseals.com/product.sc?productId=42&categoryId=13

what exactly does the x bushing change? do you know about what you gain? it didn't say on the link

never mind did some more research on the x-bushing and what i found was very interesting. didn't know they made such a thing. looks like it would work great. has anybody had much time on one? how do they hold up?

I have the x bushing on my 08 125sx. It lowers it about 3/4". It changes the angle of the shock just slightly. I've talked to, chip an munn racing and others and they all seem to think that it shouldn't effect the way the back handles, even class A guys wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I havent noticed any difference either. You have to grease it every couple rides, other then that its very simple to install and I"m glad I got it.

Ok thanks for all your help guys but i just found out that the 2007/2008 ktm 250F's have the 92cm seat height aswell ( i thought it was only 2 strokes) so yes i would prefer a 4 stroke and i am going to abandon this thread and make a new one in the ktm 4 stroke forum.

Thanks for your time :smirk: