chinese radiators + rad guards? few questions

ok. I hit a branch yesterday and it speared my rad and put a hole in it!!!! I pretty much ruined my may long riding weekend and I was/am PISSED!!!!!

so now I need to buy new rads. I was looking on ebay and there is ones made in china for 120$ per set!!! not bad compared to 400$ for new OEM ones.

here is a link to the ebay chinese ones: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260780692382&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

they say they offer 30% more flow, is that true?

and what does 2 row 40mm core mean?

are these rads bigger than stock? I was going to get devol rad guards so broken rads dont ruin any more weekened, but I am worried that the rad guards wont fit properly on the chinese rads?

ps: bike is a 2005 crf 450r

thanks.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are good radiators!! Bought a set about three years ago and still in perfect condition. Highly recommend them. I have not heard anybody have bad luck with them that bought them. The only bad stuff I heard are from people that have not used them and knocking them just because they are made in China. The rumor out there is that somebody in China downloaded a black market copy of Fluidyne's plans and copied them. The material the Chinesse use and the welding is very high quality. They fit perfect too! Anyways 2 core is how many rows of cooling fins they have so yes they are bigger and cool a lot better than stock but because they are bigger than stock some rad guards won't fit. If you do a search you will find what brands fit.

I bought a set and found that my bike runs cooler than with the stock rads. Mine didn't fit out of the box, the mounts didn't line up great but for the price difference I didn't mind doing some minor tweaking. I have Devol guards mounted on mine, no fitment issues.

Two row, aka dual core, means there are two rows of tubes running between the upper and lower rad tanks. Most factory rads are single core.

Actually I only installed one of mine. Only on of my rads needed replacing and I have to change the hoses to fit the other rad. I'll use it when/if I need it.

The rumor out there is that somebody in China downloaded a black market copy of Fluidyne's plans and copied them.

If that is the case and you buy them, then you are supporting corporate espionage and the theft of intellectual property from Fluidyne. Yet another example of how our selfish society has sold itself out and why we as a nation are in decline. It's because we continue to support his kind of nonsense.

If that is the case and you buy them, then you are supporting corporate espionage and the theft of intellectual property from Fluidyne. Yet another example of how our selfish society has sold itself out and why we as a nation are in decline. It's because we continue to support his kind of nonsense.

pair of fluidyne rads: 480$

EXACT same pair of rads from china: 125$

yeah... fluidyne can go f*** themselves. they charge an arm and a leg, your left nut, and first born child for a pair of rads then wonder why another company makes the same product for 1/4 of the price and sells 20x as many rads as fluidyne does. give your head a shake bud. corporate espionage and the theft of intellectual property my ass, thats one of those companies for people with WAY more money than brains. I dont feel bad for them one bit.

who gives a damn.

pair of fluidyne rads: 480$

EXACT same pair of rads from china: 125$

yeah... fluidyne can go f*** themselves. they charge an arm and a leg, your left nut, and first born child for a pair of rads then wonder why another company makes the same product for 1/4 of the price and sells 20x as many rads as fluidyne does. give your head a shake bud. corporate espionage and the theft of intellectual property my ass, thats one of those companies for people with WAY more money than brains. I dont feel bad for them one bit.

Hey, when your job goes overseas, don't bitch to me.

It really doesnt come down to who you want to support, I think there is no question that americans would love to support american made products if its feasible. I do it when i can, but sometimes the american made stuff is unattainable. I mean we're talkin dirt bike parts. Not everyone is sponsored, hell half of the people on this site are just kids riding bikes, they barely have money for gas and tires.

If its either drop $120 on radiators or $500 or radiators, there is no choice here if ones gonna get u riding again and the others gonna leave the bike on stand for a while...

Who cares? If it's cheaper for me to buy from China, I'm buying from China...

When our economy totally tanks, and your Chinese boss pays you a bowl of rice a day, then you'll understand.

Who cares? If it's cheaper for me to buy from China, I'm buying from China...

couldnt agree more. I just bought a DC to USB plug in adapter from china for 65 cents shipped versus 15$ at the local electronic shop. go china go!!

When our economy totally tanks, and your Chinese boss pays you a bowl of rice a day, then you'll understand.

yeah not going to happen and we both know it. CamP you are a very intelligent man, and with all due respect, that post was just ridiculous. plus, I live in canada (alberta)... our only problem is what are we going to do when we run out of oil in 100 years, and where are we going to spend all this oil money were making in the meantime?!?!

couldnt agree more. I just bought a DC to USB plug in adapter from china for 65 cents shipped versus 15$ at the local electronic shop. go china go!!

yeah not going to happen and we both know it. CamP you are a very intelligent man, and with all due respect, that post was just ridiculous. plus, I live in canada (alberta)... our only problem is what are we going to do when we run out of oil in 100 years, and where are we going to spend all this oil money were making in the meantime?!?!

Yeah, I'm an Albertan too, but still. We have a house in the states as well, and doesn't look to me like the economy is doing so bad.

The US's time as a world economic leader is done. They will never be what they once were, and China has improved the quality of its products in recent years enough to be a serious competitor.

I stand by my statement. I don't care where it's made, I just care how much its gonna cost ME.

Yeah, I'm an Albertan too, but still. We have a house in the states as well, and doesn't look to me like the economy is doing so bad.

The US's time as a world economic leader is done. They will never be what they once were, and China has improved the quality of its products in recent years enough to be a serious competitor.

I stand by my statement. I don't care where it's made, I just care how much its gonna cost ME.

Spoken like a true Canadian. So I guess it's Canada's turn to be the world's economic super power? ???

Spoken like a true Canadian. So I guess it's Canada's turn to be the world's economic super power? ???

Yeah right! Maybe if we kept all of our fackin resources instead of selling them off to everyone...

I'm not complaining too much. Our wages are about double what they are in the states.