Sign in to follow this  

Washington Seattle Area Stihl Repair

It's that time of year and I need to get my Stihl tuned up ... any recommendations for the best shop for a tune up in the Seattle/Eastside area? Been using Eastside E&M in Issy but would like to hear some other options. Seems like the saw's gonna get a work out this year ...

theres a shop in Kenmore along the hwy that's okay. I use the shop up in Oso now.

Siskun in Everett treated my wife pretty well. Gave her a free blade file when she took her saw in for a sharpening.

Probably ugly guys they charge extra so send your hot bable wife.

I get all of my Stihl stuff from The Good Earth Works in the old part of Maple Valley. But I haven't had any need to compare for the last 20 years.

Oh heck!! just looked closer at the person posting this thread... :smirk: Since we will most likely be doing this cutting together... why not bite the bullet and get a Stihl 200T like mine.. no problems for 16 years now and it outperforms my old Stihl 031AV with the 20" bar.

hahaha... I've already emailed this information...

never-mind.jpg

Siskun in Everett treated my wife pretty well. Gave her a free blade file when she took her saw in for a sharpening.

Probably ugly guys they charge extra so send your hot bable wife.

I've never seen a blade on a chainsaw...

There is (or at least there was... not sure if he's still around) a guy out in Woodinville that knew his stuff.

I've never seen a blade on a chainsaw...

There is (or at least there was... not sure if he's still around) a guy out in Woodinville that knew his stuff.

Believe SunBelt Rentals in woodinville is a dealer. Used to know the manager pretty well ....

No blade just a cutting edge that is either a ripper (rare no top plate for lumber mill), Chisel style or chipper style with a leading raker to set cutting depth.... There is a consumer "powersharpen" style of chain that is mostly worthless too.

Believe SunBelt Rentals in woodinville is a dealer. Used to know the manager pretty well ....

No blade just a cutting edge that is either a ripper (rare no top plate for lumber mill), Chisel style or chipper style with a leading raker to set cutting depth.... There is a consumer "powersharpen" style of chain that is mostly worthless too.

The guy I'm thinking of is an older guy, former Stihl tech and really knows his crap, I'm sure he's not the saw tech at the rental place :smirk:

I was being sarcastic about the blade comment... a little pet peeve of mine. I just wish I could sharpen a chain, and actually have it cut decent when I was done.

The guy I'm thinking of is an older guy, former Stihl tech and really knows his crap, I'm sure he's not the saw tech at the rental place :smirk:

I was being sarcastic about the blade comment... a little pet peeve of mine. I just wish I could sharpen a chain, and actually have it cut decent when I was done.

I hear ya!

If I had 10 cents for every saw chain sharpened between 18 -45 years old -I would be riding the "adventure of a lifetime" like another poster on here!

great suggestions guys ... and I think the 200t is in my future sometime ... just not yet 2-Ply ... and thanks for the email ...

plenty of trail blockage to practice on this year I'm guessin'!

I was being sarcastic about the blade comment... a little pet peeve of mine.

Oh yeah, well I hope your steering dampNer leaks and your AR15 assault weapon banana clip gets bruised.

:smirk:

:prof:

:smirk: