muffler packing

i have a simplke question, after how many hours are you suppised to change your packing i have a 250 four stroke

How's it sound??? Is it loud to you with your helmet on or do your riding buddies complain about the noise from your bike??

I ride 2-stroke and change the packing when it starts to sound ratty, usually done about every 6 months but I prefer a very quiet bike.

I check it around 20 to 30 hours......Repacking the muffler really helps the bikes preformance.......

Keeping a wash plug in the muffler when washing your bike will extend the life of the packing a lot. I would go with the best packing you can find if you're hanging onto your bike.

I just shake my head when I read posts about "I spent 15 dollars on packing and it works great!"

One of the universal truths is you get what you pay for.

I spent $8 on packing....you are right, I totally got what I paid for....A re packed silencer!

Keeping a wash plug in the muffler when washing your bike will extend the life of the packing a lot. I would go with the best packing you can find if you're hanging onto your bike.

I just shake my head when I read posts about "I spent 15 dollars on packing and it works great!"

One of the universal truths is you get what you pay for.

I think I paid less than that for FMF packing for my KTM hardparts silencer.So what are you packing your silencer with, some type of fancy 1000 thread count, Egyptian Cotton with a gold embroidered monogram?

I went back with packing from the mfg.....It fit well and to me made the muffler just like when I bought it........

fmf packing but the guy i bought it from had some two stroke packing and i have a 250 four stroke could i use the 2 stroke packing

The Fmf packing looks good and its only $10 on their site.

but can i use two stroke packing in a four stroke muffler