Sign in to follow this  

muffler packing

How's it sound??? Is it loud to you with your helmet on or do your riding buddies complain about the noise from your bike??

I ride 2-stroke and change the packing when it starts to sound ratty, usually done about every 6 months but I prefer a very quiet bike.

I check it around 20 to 30 hours......Repacking the muffler really helps the bikes preformance.......

Keeping a wash plug in the muffler when washing your bike will extend the life of the packing a lot. I would go with the best packing you can find if you're hanging onto your bike.

I just shake my head when I read posts about "I spent 15 dollars on packing and it works great!"

One of the universal truths is you get what you pay for.

Keeping a wash plug in the muffler when washing your bike will extend the life of the packing a lot. I would go with the best packing you can find if you're hanging onto your bike.

I just shake my head when I read posts about "I spent 15 dollars on packing and it works great!"

One of the universal truths is you get what you pay for.

I think I paid less than that for FMF packing for my KTM hardparts silencer.So what are you packing your silencer with, some type of fancy 1000 thread count, Egyptian Cotton with a gold embroidered monogram?

I went back with packing from the mfg.....It fit well and to me made the muffler just like when I bought it........