Swing arm bolt thread pitch and size?

Well, finally got the bolt out and cleaned up. Buggered the threads a little and wanted to run a tap and die over the nut and bolt. Does anybody know the size? Checked about 20 threads on the forum and couldn't find it. Also checked the schematics on Bike Bandit and all that says is 14mm. I would like to pick one up at the auto store or ask around if anybody had one.

Thanks in advance.

It is 14mm but I can't find a definate answer to the thread pitch either. I'm guessing it's 1.5.

I would just take your nut/bolt with you when shopping for a tap/die.

It is 14mm but I can't find a definate answer to the thread pitch either. I'm guessing it's 1.5.

Thanks TR you are correct. M14 x 1.50. Also I would like to thank you for all your knowledge shared on this forum.:smirk:

Seems like this is not a very common size. Most of the chain Auto Parts stores only go up to a 12mm. Need to start shopping mechanics and machine shops.

A bit of advice when removing the bolt. DO NOT USE a tapered punch that will fit inside the the hollow bolt. My swing arm bolt moved with an impact wrench and I was able to knock it out with a normal size hammer, but still did damage to the threads.:smirk: