Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Barcia?

Anyone know what happened to him in the second moto? I saw his crash while leading when he went over the bars, but he remounted in the top 10, yet finished somewhere around 18th I believe. They didn't show anything on Speed about him crashing more.

Anyone know what happened to him in the second moto? I saw his crash while leading when he went over the bars, but he remounted in the top 10, yet finished somewhere around 18th I believe. They didn't show anything on Speed about him crashing more.

I don't think that wrist is going to hold up to the outdoor pounding.

He got lapped with about 3 laps to go I think then rode off the track. Something wasn't right after that crash cause he was hauling @#$ before that.

I really want to like him but he is too wild to last a season for a title. Between his panic revving and wild riding he needs to smooth out before he becomes a real threat.

I really want to like him but he is too wild to last a season for a title. Between his panic revving and wild riding he needs to smooth out before he becomes a real threat.

I agree. Time will tell how he holds up.

Barcia might be entertaining to watch but he is not championship material.

Edited by MMotohead

He just came off a championship, finishing no worse than 2nd (besides vegas) in the east coast races. Consistency? yes, speed? oh yeah.

Wrist doesn't like the banging of outdoors, you can't deny that. His bike was also way twitchy. Motocross is alot tougher than supercross yes, but one bad race and you write him off? cough Dungey...

Ummm...... wrong

That's a very odd claim for the reasons other's have pointed out. I might believe he has lost some focus, he might be pulling a Jake Weimer. But, one race certainly isn't a enough to go there yet.

I was surprised to see him drop so far back. I was wondering how his wrist was feeling after his crash. He put both hands out to catch himself so maybe he re-injured it.

How can you claim he's not championship material when he currently holds a #1 plate in SX?

Ok, I retract the championship material statement since he actually is a champion. I guess I like smooth riders which he is not.

Judging by watching the tv coverage over and over I would say no. It was a slow speed turn where the front tire dropped into a hole and stopped while his body continued over the bars like a lawn dart. Id say he injured himself not the bike. If his body was ok then he rung his bell and rode in a mental fog.

He crashed again. His lap times towards the end were right there with the top 5...He had the speed, he just pulled a "Bubba" or two.

A few races in since this thread started and he is consistent, a consistent crasher that is. The guy has the speed to run some hot laps but his wild riding style is proving to be his downfall. He better smooth out or he will get hurt really bad.