Sign in to follow this  

weighted 125 sx

My son is slowly taking over my 200 exc which is great that he is stepping up to a bike bike,but now this means I have to find something else.

I have been thinking maybe step up to 250exc for myself even though my 200 is great for the single track we ride.

I dont see many 200's close to me for sale but see a good amount of 125 sx bikes.

How would a 125 with a flywheel weight compare to the 200 in the woods?

My son is slowly taking over my 200 exc which is great that he is stepping up to a bike bike,but now this means I have to find something else.

I have been thinking maybe step up to 250exc for myself even though my 200 is great for the single track we ride.

I dont see many 200's close to me for sale but see a good amount of 125 sx bikes.

How would a 125 with a flywheel weight compare to the 200 in the woods?

IT wont even be close...

You will have

sx suspension

75 less cc

sx ignition

sx fuel tank

19" rear

no kickstand

no headlight

no spark arrestor

it all depends on your riding style and where you ride. I rode with a 17 year old kid on Saturday. he was on a slightly woods modded cr125 and i was on my very modded 250sx.

On the hills and in the more open fast sections i left him behind but in the tighter single track or slightly wider tight trails i couldn't keep up with him as he is able to just flick the little 125 all over the place.

if you can get a sweet deal on an 125 sx you can have the suspension tuned, get a larger gas tank, throw on a sparky, and a kick stand for around another grand.

I have went from 450's to a 300 and now a 250. In most woods riding situations i don't even need all the power that my 250 can put out but i can tell you that the smaller i seem to go in cc's the better the bike seems to handle and the easier it is for me to man handle. maybe i will find a 150 for my next bike?

it all depends on your riding style and where you ride. I rode with a 17 year old kid on Saturday. he was on a slightly woods modded cr125 and i was on my very modded 250sx.

On the hills and in the more open fast sections i left him behind but in the tighter single track or slightly wider tight trails i couldn't keep up with him as he is able to just flick the little 125 all over the place.

if you can get a sweet deal on an 125 sx you can have the suspension tuned, get a larger gas tank, throw on a sparky, and a kick stand for around another grand.

I have went from 450's to a 300 and now a 250. In most woods riding situations i don't even need all the power that my 250 can put out but i can tell you that the smaller i seem to go in cc's the better the bike seems to handle and the easier it is for me to man handle. maybe i will find a 150 for my next bike?

Same boat here when I started riding I was on an XR600 and through the years I have lightened up and went smaller on cc's my 200 will do anything on the terrain I mostly ride and doesnt wear me down.

We'll see what happens