1986 KDX 200 cylinder work.

My friend in now the new owner of a 1986 KDX200. Apparently, the cylinder needs to be re-plated. It came with a NIB wiseco piston and the PO said it had been bored out slightly.

Where can we get it re-plated and what do I need to know to tell them? Can I just send the cylinder and piston?

Thanks!

Millenium Technologies

Check out there website. It tells you everything you need to know.

I used them for my '92 KX 250 cylinder replating and am very happy.

Is it plated or sleeved?

didnt those years come with an iron bore?

Just sent a 1986 cylinder out to get replated on my restoration project. Replated my original 86 model back in 2000. I'm not sure what you are talkiing about on that cylinder. Is it sleeved, then over bored or did somebody bore it to oversize and replate it?:smirk:

OEM on that bike is a plated cylinder.

I called Millennium today and sent it off with the piston. It didn't look like it was sleeved. I don't know if it had a sleeve that was removed and then bored out, or what but there wasn't a sleeve in there.

I have the piston box, How can I tell if it is stock sized or bigger? It says it's for a KDX200 with .002 clearance, so I think it's stock...

Thanks.

Stock was plated. All 80cc and larger KDX's were plated. I don't know about the Suzuki made KDX50 (JR50).

I think Wiseco stock dimension is 66.00 mm. I don't have my box handy, but you can look on their website to see.

Good job on sending it off. Good luck with it.

You'll be happy when it comes back. They actually acid( ? ) clean it. You may want to repaint the outside of the cylinder when it comes back. There won't be any paint or baked on dirt anywhere. You will also have a new set of numbers punched in the side of it. It must be there order number when running it through the line. The only other thing I did, besides painting, was chamfer the ports. It was just a precausion for me.

You'll be happy when it comes back. They actually acid( ? ) clean it. You may want to repaint the outside of the cylinder when it comes back. There won't be any paint or baked on dirt anywhere. You will also have a new set of numbers punched in the side of it. It must be there order number when running it through the line. The only other thing I did, besides painting, was chamfer the ports. It was just a precausion for me.

hot caustic soda i think, they actually told me once, i forgot, nothing secret, but they sure do come back pretty!

OP look at the kdx200 top end sticky, thats mine just back from milleniumm

Cool, thanks guys!