2011 te310 engine compared to ........

Can anyone compare the power of a 2011 te310 to a 2004 or any yz250f that has been bored to a 310?

I'm hoping the te would be just as powerful and not a step down from my yz250f with the oversize.

I really like the bike and the plate that goes along with it. How fast is comfortable and will not blow up the 310 on the roads? Some connecting roads have speeds up to 40 mph and I was wondering how it handles it.

I mainly ride tight single track, rough wood trail rides, and hope to get back into hare scrambles. Roads that connect trails may be like 3-5 miles at times.

I don't want the 449, too much bike for me and the type of riding I do.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone compare the power of a 2011 te310 to a 2004 or any yz250f that has been bored to a 310?

I'm hoping the te would be just as powerful and not a step down from my yz250f with the oversize.

I really like the bike and the plate that goes along with it. How fast is comfortable and will not blow up the 310 on the roads? Some connecting roads have speeds up to 40 mph and I was wondering how it handles it.

I mainly ride tight single track, rough wood trail rides, and hope to get back into hare scrambles. Roads that connect trails may be like 3-5 miles at times.

I don't want the 449, too much bike for me and the type of riding I do.

Thanks in advance.

the 2011 TE310 uncorked blows away any big bore 280 bike I've ever ridden including YZF with 280 kit and KTM XCF 280 kit powered bikes.

I'm in the same boat. My Husky TXC250 ('09) just doesn't have enough grunt for the trails we have around here. It specifically doesn't have the low end grunt I need for slick, steep, rooty and rocky climbs. I have thought about going the route of a big bore kit or looking into the 310. Does the 310 uncorked have good low end grunt? I'm sure that the EFI needs to be reprogrammed if you uncork it.

I own an uncorked '11 te310 and in my experience the bike is better on the trails than other 250f mx bikes i've ridden. The low and mid range power is far superior. Top end power does seem to flatten out a bit compared to mx bikes but that doesn't bother me at all on the trails. The other big plus is the trail friendly wider tranny. Above 55 mph on the road it does get buzzy but 40-45 mph jaunts to connect trails is no problem - probably 5-6,000 rpms in 6th.

Do not discount the TE449 without riding it. Much more docile and EZ going than you might think. A buddy just rode my TE511 and said "this is the bike people should be getting, EZer to ride than the 310 and is more flexible" Just a thought. I had a 2010 TXC250 (x-light) and prefer my TE511 on the trails.

Edited by Ride

I'm in the same boat. My Husky TXC250 ('09) just doesn't have enough grunt for the trails we have around here. It specifically doesn't have the low end grunt I need for slick, steep, rooty and rocky climbs. I have thought about going the route of a big bore kit or looking into the 310. Does the 310 uncorked have good low end grunt? I'm sure that the EFI needs to be reprogrammed if you uncork it.

I would get the 449, not because the 310 is lacking power but because the 449 has the Traction Control. Apparently this makes the bike a lot more tractor like which can make up for....any number of bike or rider deficiencies.

I would get the 449, not because the 310 is lacking power but because the 449 has the Traction Control. Apparently this makes the bike a lot more tractor like which can make up for....any number of bike or rider deficiencies.

here is what i like about the 449/511 package...

- Smooth EZ to use motor that is not brutal at all

- Fantastic EFI right out of the box, no need for upgrades / fixes

- CTS makes the bike track like nothing else and hook up like crazy

- VERY good stock suspension. (The TE310 should be similar)

- light feel on the trail

- Better DS bike and will pull higher gearing and cruz 65 all day

absolutely nothing wrong with the TE310 but don't overlook the new platform if it interests you, it is VERY good.

direct from Husky NA boss the aim of the 310 was not to increase the power of the 250 in a steady arc, but to boost the bottom to mid as much as 30% and with this bore,cam,injection,timing change it keeps the top just a bit more power compared to the 250. So the aim is more torque earlier and lower rpm, great for trails/enduro/xc

Interesting replies regarding the TE449. I'm 5'11 and weigh 185#. I got to ride an '09 KTM400xcw for a day awhile back and loved it. Very smooth/electric like power delivery. KTM is no longer making the 400. The 350 is all mid to top end as I understand, so no interest there. I have never considered a big bore 4 stroke (450cc), but I wonder how the TE449 would compare with the KTM400xcw in terms of smooth/controllable power?

Does anyone have a real world weight on the TE449?

I helped take one off a truck in the crate one day. After the front wheel was on, the dealer rolled it around and said it rolled much better than the previous 2010 models. I thought so too.

I doubt they are less than their 249 lbs advertised weight (dry).

Interesting replies regarding the TE449. I'm 5'11 and weigh 185#. I got to ride an '09 KTM400xcw for a day awhile back and loved it. Very smooth/electric like power delivery. KTM is no longer making the 400. The 350 is all mid to top end as I understand, so no interest there. I have never considered a big bore 4 stroke (450cc), but I wonder how the TE449 would compare with the KTM400xcw in terms of smooth/controllable power?

Does anyone have a real world weight on the TE449?

my TE511 on bathroom scales was 271 with some gas and all DS stuff.

I ride my TE511 with two friends with KTM 450 and KTM 530. The TE511 feels 25 pounds lighter (it is not but feels that way) and both KTM guys loved the TE saying it would be on the VERY short list (Rollie saying he would flat buy it now if in the market) The KTM530 guy rode it and whomever was on the TE was faster. He loved it and said it feels like a real strong 250F in flickability and EZ to use accommodating bike. Try one, every one who tried mine loved it.

Here is Rollies (KTM 450 rider) quote from another post here on TT...

"I rode Kelly's 511 today at hood river, varied connditions of trails, slick, rocky, hills ruts etc..... the bike is way better than even he can explain, the engine is magical and the suspension is just about as good as you can get. If i was purchasing a ds the 511 would be it hands down. It's that good. "

I'm not saying the 449/511 is better than the 310, but I would not over look it thinking it is a brute or pig on the trail, it is a great trail bike. I have owned and ridden many TE450/TE510 in the past and they are heavy brutes in comparison in the tighter stuff. The electric smooth motor and flawless EFI make the bike a joy to slice trail up with.

It would be great if husky near me had some demos to ride. I would like to ride the 310 and 449 based on what I read here.

I am not looking to get tired quickly on the 449 in the tight stuff and that is what concerns me.

I've always been on a smaller bike such as the 250f. Mid to top B rider when I raced. Only 170 pds with no gear.

I'd rather ride longer and a bit slower on a 310 if that is what it comes down to.

Thanks for the replies

Unless you ride where you can use all the power of a 449 the 310 has plenty. I'am faster and less tired on my 2011 310 than on my 510 so the 510 is gone. Don't miss the power or weight of course I'am not riding in open spaces.

It was hard for me to decide: 310 or 449.

I bought the 310 because of the weight.

Dont know wether it was good or not. But the morepower of the 449 is not too significant in singletrais and smaller, narrow crosstracks .

It was hard for me to decide: 310 or 449.

I bought the 310 because of the weight.

Dont know wether it was good or not. But the morepower of the 449 is not too significant in singletrais and smaller, narrow crosstracks .

And when lifting over logs!:ride: I'm not the most popular guy in the group when it comes to lifting multiple bikes over windfall...?

I'm doing some of these hill climbs here also and its all about the clutch and riders' skills ... I can see where a little more low grunt could help but its all possible on my 08 TXC250 but I gotta put forth the effort and skill set ...

I don't know what you are climbing but we start a climb 10' from the base of a hidden trail that twists up a very VERT hill and then it will have a rutted switch back up there somewhere maybe ... I gotta ride the clutch to get the job done ... I make it sometimes and sometimes I don't ... And thats OK ... And I have never left my bike at the bottom of a hill as the others rode off ...

Dropping the bike on the wrong side of a hill brings all the weight into the picture in case of a fall ... I just can't handle any more weight in these cases ...

Im looking at getting a 2011 TE310 aswell.. but not sure if its a backwards step from a Husky WR250.. I have never owned a 4stroke and the 310 sounds like a great bike but if its slower than the wr250 in a straight line i will look into a 449/511..

Im looking at getting a 2011 TE310 aswell.. but not sure if its a backwards step from a Husky WR250.. I have never owned a 4stroke and the 310 sounds like a great bike but if its slower than the wr250 in a straight line i will look into a 449/511..

Interesting comment about the straight line speed ... My 02 cr250 has always a handful in the woods and everywhere else ... my 08 TXC250 has never really been a handful .. but I can't pin-it or top in out very often so why do I actually need more? ... I get beat for reasons other than my bike.

4t machines are not 2t machines ... Very apparent is the engine braking on the 4t must be adapted to and the 449s don't have as much as most 4t machines as report here ... At first the braking was a pain but it just becomes part of your riding style ...

You might wanna ride a 4t before buying ... and sooner or later, you will have to pick up the bike ... my cr250 was heavy but not 4t heavy ...

This is probably what many want out of their woods bike ...

direct from Husky NA boss the aim of the 310 was not to increase the power of the 250 in a steady arc, but to boost the bottom to mid as much as 30% and with this bore,cam,injection,timing change it keeps the top just a bit more power compared to the 250. So the aim is more torque earlier and lower rpm, great for trails/enduro/xc