200xcw or 300 xcw

Currently I have a crf250x. I like this bike but it has no snap. It cannot pull a 3rd gear wheelie well at all. I am 5'4" at 185# without gear. I plan on doing harescrambles next season.

I had the crf250x lowered 1.5" which helped alot with tight, technical stuff. I ride mostly single track. Prob slow c rider. Again I like the crf250x but plan on upgrading to ktm 200 or 300 xcw when 2012 comes out.

The 200 xcw is light and probableeasy to ride, while the 300 has torque and power, just worried maybe too much. Both have electric start. About 12#wt difference. If I was lighter I would get 200, but leaning towards 300. I will have either bike lowered, just because it made crf so much easier to ride.

So what advice can you all give me.

Thanks in advance,

Unless you expect to gain much weight, I wouldn't let your weight dictate which bike you get. Your weight won't make a difference suspension-wise on both bikes with stock suspension, and both motors will pull your weight fine.

If you're a slow C rider and used to a 250X you will probably find the 300 much easier to ride, as it has a much torquier bottom end and can be ridden at very low rpms. 200s like to be ridden at higher rpms and have more of a hard-hitting powerband compared to a 300 and your 250X. Yes, the 300s have a lot more power, but it's easier to ride because it has power everywhere. Speed is in direct relation with the rotation of the right grip. It's that simple.

12 pounds is negligible if you ask me, but you may feel that the 300 is heavier because it has more rotating mass and more weight above the crank (a bigger cylinder and head, obviously).

I just picked up a 2007 KTM 300 XC, coming off of a 2001 WR 426 and 2002 KDX220. The KTM is incredible...light, nimble, and tons of power everywhere...low, mid, and high. I would imagine if you are a C rider, you will do fine on the 300. By the way, I wish I would have bought a XC-W, as I tend to run out of gear on the straight sections.

i still think they will have the pds system
pictures can be photoshopped. maybe im just in denial. we'll see in 2012

I think you are in denial, but hope you are right. The 250xc will be my next bike, and I want a linkless one.