Sign in to follow this  

2011 yzf 450 versus 2005 crf 450r

OK for the record I'm a 41 yr old novice racer. I rode my friends yammie 450 today and wanted to give my impression. OK F.I. is awesome and cant wait to get a race bike with it. The power of the yammie is awesome and would smoke me in a race hands down. I have after market suspension and felt the Nicoll racing suspension was amazing. The handling on the Yamaha was different at best. The same turn i could flat track and rail on my Honda the Yamaha washed out on me on two different occasions causing me to crash. ( maybe my MOTOZ TIRES HELPED FOR SURE). I was considering a new Yamaha on a new purchase but please ride one before purchase. They are not a bad bike but require a new riding style to adjust. Hope this helps any one looking for a new bike.

The same turn i could flat track and rail on my Honda the Yamaha washed out on me on two different occasions causing me to crash.

You crashed his 2011 450 once and he let you keep riding it?! I need more friends like that! :smirk:

You crashed his 2011 450 once and he let you keep riding it?! I need more friends like that! :smirk:

Well, he crashed in the first turn and had to get around the second turn to complete the 180* to make it back to the truck!

Yamaha 4Pukes suck to turn!

Joe

you like those motoz tires?

our local shop (mom and pop type bike shop) recently started selling those motoz tires because they are so cheap, very soft too. I figured along with their low price tag came a low amount of rides before you need to replace them.

Well, he crashed in the first turn and had to get around the second turn to complete the 180* to make it back to the truck!\

:smirk::lol::smirk: awesome