Sign in to follow this  

Can a DRZ 400 sm motor fit in DRZ 400 e frame

I have recently had my 2010 DRZ 400 sm written off in australia, I am unable to re register the written off motorbike due to new laws in Australia brought in this year.

I have a yoshi big bore kit and i want to put my engine and other gear in a bike that can be registered, So I want to know if it is possible to buy a DRZ 400 e bike and just swap over the all the good bits from old bike. ( or are the mounts different)

If anyone has any advice on this subject it would be great also any other suggestions as how I can put my engine into a frame with a vin number that is able to be registered.

Also if anyone knows the years of the bikes I could buy that would be compatible for me to swap all the gear from my 2010 DRZ 400 sm.

in need of reliable info LBS

cheers

It sounds all too complicated...why don't you add your performance bits to your new E...It's ADR approved here in the "Lucky Country"

They are all the same. Keep an eye out on ebay I've seen frames come up cheap.

• Like 1

DRZ400 E, S, SM, all years all motors interchange. The kick start motor too but it is different in other ways.

Hi folks.

My Drz is a 2003 model.

Will internal motor parts fit from a 2006 drz?

Trying to figure out what all years are compatible with my 03.

Just for the record the TT stickers been on my bike about five years now along with other TT parts.

1405352359503.jpg

Hi folks.

My Drz is a 2003 model.

Will internal motor parts fit from a 2006 drz?

Trying to figure out what all years are compatible with my 03.

E, S, Sm all parts are compatible and interchange.

The Kicker has a few parts that are different, but can still be added as a "set" to any other E, S, SM engine. 

• Like 1