KDX 200 rear wheel bearing

I need to change the rear wheel bearings on my 1998 KDX200. I am no mechanic but have done wheel bearings on other dirt bikes. I have never used bearing pullers. I have always managed to knock the bearing out from the other side. Is this possible with the KDX? I took the wheel off and it seems like the spacer is tight and wont move to the side enough to give room to get a good contact on the bearing.

I need to change the rear wheel bearings on my 1998 KDX200. I am no mechanic but have done wheel bearings on other dirt bikes. I have never used bearing pullers. I have always managed to knock the bearing out from the other side. Is this possible with the KDX? I took the wheel off and it seems like the spacer is tight and wont move to the side enough to give room to get a good contact on the bearing.

the spacer is just tight, it should move, just keep trying. you have stock wheels im assuming.

I had that problem with the KX wheel I got in the package deal of fork swap parts. Everything was amazingly rusted up, and I hammered for half an hour with no results. Finally took it up to the shop and had the guy pull 'em with his slide hammer puller. Was worth $10 to just get them out and move along.

Thanks for the replies on this. I took the circlip out and found the inner spacer would move quite a bit on the opposite side with a bit of force.

I was able to knock the bearing out reasonably easily in the end.

Just waiting for the new ones to arrive now.