250 sx will it be too much

hello all.. i am 24 y/o 6'2'' and 200lbs i am looking to buy a new bike but i havent owned a bike since i was 16. sold it to buy a car. i had a kx 80..

im just wondering what to get in to, i will be riding about 50% mx track and 50% trails/desert/mountains.. i will be riding at 6700+ ft elevation

i wanted a 150sx but i cant find one.. so i am looking at a 125sx, 250sx and 250 sx-f i have always rode 2 strokes but like the positive things a 4 strokes brings to the table but the maintanance is a huge turn off to me. rebuilds seem to be crazy expensive on 4 strokes.

so basically i am wondering if a 250 sx will be too much bike for me and ill get hurt or if i will end up loving it. i dont want to get something smaller and want a bigger bike in a season or two. but i also dont want to get in over my head.. any thoughts would be appreciated ty

I am 6'1" and 200 and love my 250 SX. Just get one and go ride.

If your looking at a newer 250sx, say 2007 and up, you find they are very tunable for the power delivery with ignition timing, power valve springs and jetting you can make it scream or lug around with simple and fairly fast adjustments or changes.

get the suspension tuned for you, your riding ability and where you will be riding it! IMHO the most important and best money to be spent on any bike.

I am 6'3" and 240 pounds and find my 250sx to be awesome!

Get the XC!!

I ride 90% motocross and 10% off-road and was considering the XC. They built the bike exactly for someone who wants to do your type of riding.

The bike will be easier to ride if you are worried about the power. Wider gear ratio will allow for a more forgiving power spread.

hello all.. i am 24 y/o 6'2'' and 200lbs i am looking to buy a new bike but i havent owned a bike since i was 16. sold it to buy a car. i had a kx 80..

im just wondering what to get in to, i will be riding about 50% mx track and 50% trails/desert/mountains.. i will be riding at 6700+ ft elevation

i wanted a 150sx but i cant find one.. so i am looking at a 125sx, 250sx and 250 sx-f i have always rode 2 strokes but like the positive things a 4 strokes brings to the table but the maintanance is a huge turn off to me. rebuilds seem to be crazy expensive on 4 strokes.

so basically i am wondering if a 250 sx will be too much bike for me and ill get hurt or if i will end up loving it. i dont want to get something smaller and want a bigger bike in a season or two. but i also dont want to get in over my head.. any thoughts would be appreciated ty

You should be looking at a 450sxf for your weight and especially higher elevation, I think you will be much happier on a bigger bike. I love a 2 stroke, but a 4 stroke is certainly easier to ride in my opinion.:smirk:

250sx is not too much for someone your size if you are experienced. my 450 is a handfull on the trails so i opt for my 250 xc.

XC is a good choice for mixed riding

200xc or 250xc is real nice.