Exotic Bike Trail Ride June 8

Mark the date - Wednesday June 8 - for the second installment of the "Exotic Bike Trail Ride" series. We'll be riding the Long Lake trail just north of Cadillac MI starting at 10:30 or 11. With any luck we'll do a lap, lunch, and then bust out another lap.

Last year we had three generation of GasGas' - hopefully we can get guys to dig out the old IT175s, Huskys, and maybe even a Penton or two, but if you haven't got one of those, bring your YZ or KTM.

I'll bring a chest of cold Gatorade and some trail maps, and a 2011 GasGas for sampling. Michigan GasGas speedster Aaron Wegner will be joining the fun, demonstrating some riding techniques that are sure to awe mere mortals.

Hope to see you there - Steve

That's why you got a couple weeks notice ... call it hooky, a sick day, a day for personal clarity ... just know that we're almost guaranteed to have the place to ourselves, and that riding on a Wednesday beats just about anything else you might be doing ?:ride:?

That and Aaron is in the hunt in both enduro and hare scrambles series and I can't have him missing races ...

"Exotic Bike Trail Ride"

Does that mean there will be Deja Vu dancers there? ?

That and Aaron is in the hunt in both enduro and hare scrambles series and I can't have him missing races ...

Must be that super awesome tranny and premix that was supplied to him for use in his fancy racin' bike.... ?

Does that mean there will be Deja Vu dancers there? ? I get it. ( Dancing Banana )

Must be that super awesome tranny and premix that was supplied to him for use in his fancy racin' bike.... ?

Stihl outdoor power equipment 2stroke mix ?

Sounds like fun.. I"m going to see if I can make it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's on - see you at the trail head. Best guess is counter clockwise for the morning loop (straight up the sand hill from the parking area).

I'm bringing trail maps and cold Gatorade - you need a scooter with a spark arrestor and a current ORV sticker. Cadillac Long Lake Trail. Plan on rolling from the parking area around 10:30 or so.

Steve

Photobucket? Scroll down to the additional options(underneath where you post) if you have a photobucket account you can click on the +SHOW go into your account select your pic and highlight the imagine code and add it into your post

For the guys who had to work, I'll fib a little and say it was a so-so day. For everybody else ...

Nine riders braved the 80 degree (with a light breeze) temperatures to ride their dirt bikes in the middle of the week. The expected Husaberg was ill :ride: and the 1999 GasGas XC250 was also absent, so the count included a pair of CRF450s (one R, one X), a WR400F, a YZ125, a KTM 2T (250 or 300), a 2010 XC250, and one each of the 2011 GasGas XC250, 250 Six Days, and 300 Six Days.

The trail was surprisingly dry, and perhaps because of that a little whooped out, but a bad day at Long lake is still better than most days elsewhere. In general the trail was clear, with only one detour for a large downed tree and a couple boggy spots. Dust was a minor inconvenience.

We ran together for a couple miles, then Aaron Wegner dropped the hammer and took off, demonstrating why he's leading both the D14 hare scrambles and enduro series. We stopped a couple of times along the way to catch our breath and discuss terrain, suspension, and jetting ... good times!

Nobody ventured out for a second loop, but then nobody needed EMTs either?

Keep your eyes peeled for EBTR pt III later in the season, possibly on a Saturday or holiday.

EBTRJune2011007.jpg

EBTRJune2011005.jpg

EBTRJune2011004.jpg

EBTRJune2011003.jpg

EBTRJune2011002.jpg