Unintentional Stranger

Hi all-

Since I got my 09 DRZ400SM a few months ago, I seem to be getting numbness in my left hand- particularly when riding and engaging the clutch a lot (in traffic); and it seems to carry over into the day as well kind of randomly. This only started since I got the bike- so I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar/if it's being caused by vibration in the bars? I saw some kind of vibration stopping bar ends in a store- anyone think those might help?:smirk:

Yeah- But after having my bike for 3 weeks? Never experienced anything like this in the past...

At times I've noticed my hand going numb and I realize I'm gripping the bars way to tight. Relax your grip and see if that helps.

Have the stock waffle grips? I did and they bothered my hands. I swapped them out for Protaper Pillow Tops and feel much better. And like npm said, don't have a death grip on them either. :smirk:

At times I've noticed my hand going numb and I realize I'm gripping the bars way to tight. Relax your grip and see if that helps.

same here

Rotate the bars toward you a bit.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll try them out.

The muscles in your hands may not be used to that kind of motion. My hands were a little sore when I first started riding and we away after about two months. If it doesn't go away, I agree with Threadkiller and rotate the handle bars!!