Sign in to follow this  

Unintentional Stranger

Hi all-

Since I got my 09 DRZ400SM a few months ago, I seem to be getting numbness in my left hand- particularly when riding and engaging the clutch a lot (in traffic); and it seems to carry over into the day as well kind of randomly. This only started since I got the bike- so I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar/if it's being caused by vibration in the bars? I saw some kind of vibration stopping bar ends in a store- anyone think those might help?:smirk:

Yeah- But after having my bike for 3 weeks? Never experienced anything like this in the past...

Have the stock waffle grips? I did and they bothered my hands. I swapped them out for Protaper Pillow Tops and feel much better. And like npm said, don't have a death grip on them either. :smirk:

At times I've noticed my hand going numb and I realize I'm gripping the bars way to tight. Relax your grip and see if that helps.

same here

The muscles in your hands may not be used to that kind of motion. My hands were a little sore when I first started riding and we away after about two months. If it doesn't go away, I agree with Threadkiller and rotate the handle bars!!