2 stroke exhaust coupler split. what to replace it with???

The exhaust coupler on my pipe to silencer connection has ripped open real bad causing spooge to spit out of there too now. I've heard there are good replacement alternatives at hardware or automotive stores but I want to hear what you guys think would replace it best. oh and here's a pic for those of you who aren't sure what im talkin about.

pipem.jpg

bookmarked

Take an old piece of inner tube. Wrap it around the joint tightly, and put heavy releasable zip ties on either side. Works perfectly well, and costs next to nothing. You really gonna pay $35 for a piece of bling to seal your silencer and pipe together? sheesh.....

X2 for the innertube

I've also used header wrap .........

Take an old piece of inner tube. Wrap it around the joint tightly, and put heavy releasable zip ties on either side. Works perfectly well, and costs next to nothing. You really gonna pay $35 for a piece of bling to seal your silencer and pipe together? sheesh.....

Considering the OEM replacement is only $7-8 less I don't consider these "bling". Bling has no functional purpose but because these are anodized with a color they're bling now?

1" heavy duty heater hose w/ 2 clamps does the trick

i have seen a mountain dew can with hose clamps holding together a broken pipe...

i have seen a mountain dew can with hose clamps holding together a broken pipe...

What... You couldn't find a Budweiser can???:smirk:

+1 on the heater hose, you can get a foot of the stuff for less then $3.00

it only takes 2-3 inches to get the job done :smirk:

A fernco will work here too.

it only takes 2-3 inches to get the job done :smirk:

That's NOT what she said. . .

I just used RTV Black and worked great! I also have inner tube and zip ties ready if the RTV needs to be removed when at the track.