KTM LC 4 engine in a husky frame?

Hi have anyone tried to to fit a KTM LC 4 engine i an old husky frame?

I'm looking for any thought and/or experience with this ...

The reason I'm asking is because I've been offered a KTM LC4 620 enigne for a very fair price.. and this engine is much less trouble than the OE husky engine without an oilpump..

Any thought is welcome :smirk:

I like the single cam husky motors WAY better.

Yes it's a great engine for racing and twisty roads... but not for general road use, i won't last at the highway :-(

There hasn't been a single thread that I've seen where the consensus was in favor of the ktm motor. I've read a lot of threads about this crap and most everyone favors the husky 610 motor.

I have never ridden an lc4 but I've ridden many thumpers and I can say that I love my 610 very much.

I would try to put a TE610E engine in before I put a LC4 in. LC4's 5 speed is it's biggest drawback. A 2001+ TE570 engine has an oil pump, but oil capacity is still not great.

I would try to put a TE610E engine in before I put a LC4 in. LC4's 5 speed is it's biggest drawback. A 2001+ TE570 engine has an oil pump, but oil capacity is still not great.

Norm, husky actually put the oil pumps in starting in 1999 in both the 410 and 610 models. :smirk:

Never heard of it being done. But it is giving me that "fingernails on a blackboard" feeling!

Usually foreign-motor swaps are more work than they are worth, and yield subpar results.