Sign in to follow this  

Florida Any bike riders that go to Rancho, Zephryhills on here?

I'm just curious if there are any dirtbike or quad riders that ride out there that are here on TT as well. If so please respond so maybe we can meet up one weekend. I'm always looking for people to practice with. I ride tracks and rancho lol. I usually go every 1-2 weeks. I'm #9 on the YZ250.

What and where is Rancho ? I'm in Lutz and never been there

Rancho is a REDNECK mud fest . I work with a guy that goes there nothing you would want to ride. Is your 46 thing better?

You ain't missing anything! If you go out there...go real early & leave early before the Dumbasses arrive.

It's in zephryhills the entrance is located on CR 54.

Wow I had no idea people were so cold torwards this place. I'll admit it's a little wild but so far i have had no problems with anybody and people are usually pretty respectful. And yes there are alot of mudders but that is because there are mud pits but there are also tons of great trails and places to practice corners and whoops even found the occasional jump or two. Why are people so "OMG that place is horrid!"? It doesn't seem too bad and right now it's really dry so not as many "mud boggers" and more quad and dirtbikers.

Rancho is a REDNECK mud fest . I work with a guy that goes there nothing you would want to ride. Is your 46 thing better?

Oh yeah, it's getting better. I can walk and tie my own shoes. The chiropractor twisted,stretched , and cracked me all over. Still hurts pretty bad, not sure if I will ride this weekend or not. So you don't want to head over to Rancho. I think that's where Danny and his mud boggin friends hang out

I've never been to Croom personally always thought about going until a few people told me the cost and that its basically the same as Rancho with more whoops... :smirk:

Edited by Bman257
oops

Oh yeah, it's getting better. I can walk and tie my own shoes. The chiropractor twisted,stretched , and cracked me all over. Still hurts pretty bad, not sure if I will ride this weekend or not. So you don't want to head over to Rancho. I think that's where Danny and his mud boggin friends hang out

Need i say more.

Wow I had no idea people were so cold torwards this place. I'll admit it's a little wild but so far i have had no problems with anybody and people are usually pretty respectful. And yes there are alot of mudders but that is because there are mud pits but there are also tons of great trails and places to practice corners and whoops even found the occasional jump or two. Why are people so "OMG that place is horrid!"? It doesn't seem too bad and right now it's really dry so not as many "mud boggers" and more quad and dirtbikers.

Basically Rancho Bonita was a housing development in the late 60's ...early 70's that was sold offering Folks a great place to build their homes, however the area was deemed a Swamp & nobody could build their homes....

That's why it is very hard for the City of Z-hills to stop you riding as they need a complaint from a legal owner for the Cops to act ..ie Trespass.

The area was very popular during hunting season & many of the Jeepers choose to stay away...last time I was out there in my Jeep during Hunting season I had a Dumbass stick his Rifle in our faces for riding out there. Some Guys go out there to shoot & don't have enough common sense to shoot into some kind of backstop. Be careful where you park because you stuff will be stolen or trashed, don't even ask how I know. There areas around the back pits that have more broken glass than Coca Cola has. Yeah Rancho used to be a lot of fun, however too many people know about the place.

Pay the $60 for 1 year of riding at Croom, you'll get to ride with real riders. Theres nothing challenging about riding up & down a whooped out road hoping you don't get hit a F250.

Sounds just like the place on the east coast where we used to ride with DonO....somebody will get killed soon and the fences will go up.

I've never been to Croom personally always thought about going until a few people told me the cost and that its basically the same as Rancho with more whoops... :smirk:

spoken like someone that finds Rancho "cool".. Croom, expensive?? $60 for a YEAR is expensive? Give me a break. And the guys that tell you "all whoops" don't ride well OR much (Comparing Croom to Rancho.. good God). I ride Croom 2-3x a WEEK and go all over the park, know almost every trail. There are TONS of trails, you just can't be scared about venturing off the main wide emergency access trails/roads and know how to use the sun and fencelines to get back if you do get lost (and listen for the interstate to use that as a guide too). If single track scares ya then yea, you may get bored on the more open trails that the 4-wheelers ride. Bathrooms, nice shaded areas to park, no rednecks driving mudbog truks or jeeps and shooting guns, paved 2mile road to the front AND back parking area.. yea, sounds like a pretty shitty place to ride to me!! LOL

:smirk:

Basically Rancho Bonita was a housing development in the late 60's ...early 70's that was sold offering Folks a great place to build their homes, however the area was deemed a Swamp & nobody could build their homes....

That's why it is very hard for the City of Z-hills to stop you riding as they need a complaint from a legal owner for the Cops to act ..ie Trespass.

The area was very popular during hunting season & many of the Jeepers choose to stay away...last time I was out there in my Jeep during Hunting season I had a Dumbass stick his Rifle in our faces for riding out there. Some Guys go out there to shoot & don't have enough common sense to shoot into some kind of backstop. Be careful where you park because you stuff will be stolen or trashed, don't even ask how I know. There areas around the back pits that have more broken glass than Coca Cola has. Yeah Rancho used to be a lot of fun, however too many people know about the place.

Pay the $60 for 1 year of riding at Croom, you'll get to ride with real riders. Theres nothing challenging about riding up & down a whooped out road hoping you don't get hit a F250.

sorry, didn't see this post until after i posted mine. Yea, what he said.. LOL