2010 oil in gas

what did everone come up with why gas is getting into oil .is it the injector bad let me no thanks

It's pretty common specially when they have less than 20 hrs on them. I've seen a bunch of posts where the folks are stating to strain you fuel, give the throttle a few whacks before you shut the bike off, numerous different ideas. I read somewhere that Honda says it's a normal condition as long as it's less than a certain percentage. 0% fuel in the oil is a good percentage as far as I'm concerned. The injector is leaking after the engine is shut off and going into the cylinder and leaking past the rings into the crankcase contaminating the oil. I've had a few 09/10 CRF450's that had the issue and I replace the injector and the problem was solved. It doesn't always fix the problem. Some have the same condition after the injector was replaced. Keep an eye on it and if you start to notice the oil level faily high and a strong smell of fuel, don't run the engine until you replace the engine oil. Thinned out oil with fuel can cause a premature failure in a lot of parts. Maybe why so many 2010 250 cranks are failing at very low hours, who knows...

thanks for the info

Wow, that was a good connection Charlie made there about the 2010 cranks. Smart guy. I have a buddy who's got a RMZ450 that he has been getting gas into the oil on sometimes. I guess fuel injection is pretty new to dirtbikes right?

Wow, that was a good connection Charlie made there about the 2010 cranks. Smart guy. I have a buddy who's got a RMZ450 that he has been getting gas into the oil on sometimes. I guess fuel injection is pretty new to dirtbikes right?

I think it was 08 that Suzuki came out with it on the RMZ450. Some of the quads had it earlier because it was a lot easier to install a battery and make the EFI work unlike a dirtbike. All the manufactures have been testing it for years, but refining it to work without adding weight from a battery was the challenge. It's only going to get better from here.

A quality injector won't leak. The injectors that are used are mass produced and have quality issues. Some are fine and never leak and others seem to leak for a while and stop. Some never stop. A lot of theory as to why, but IMHO, it's the quality of the injector. Cars function the same way and it's rare that you come across a leaky injector.