Rough day changing tires.

My commuter bike needed new skins so Saturday I decided to make the swap. Pulled the front, swapped the tires, aired it up and put it back on. By the time I was ready to let it down off the stand, it was flat. NUTS. I couldn't tell you the last time I pinched one, so I figured I was due. Went to the shop and picked up a new tube and back to the house I go. 15 minumtes later I'm airing it up again...psssssss. You got to be kidding me...I pinched another one. The bike shop was closed by now so I just patched it. Did the rear with no problems and all is good. Not sure what the problem was, but I felt like a tool. I've probably done dozens since I last pinched one and then I pinch 2 in the same day.

Been there, had a day or two like that. I have pinched tubes where I swore there was no way I did it.

I haven't had a pinched tube since i started keeping baby powder in a garbage bag right next to me while prepping the tubes.

I haven't had a pinched tube since i started keeping baby powder in a garbage bag right next to me while prepping the tubes.

Same here. Put the tube in the bag and shake it up. Pour a little baby powder in the tire, and roll it around to coat.

Another thing that has pinch proofed my tubes was 3 Motion Pro tire spoons, with the rounded ends.

I did 6 tires fri on my 450r and my wife & daughter 150r.

We just got back into motocross after a 8 yr down time (work,home building,school)

It took me all day LOL but no bad tubes and only three cuts to the hand LOL.

I haven't pinched a tube in awhile, but I'm using ultra-HD tubes since I changed to a trials tire.

I learned a valuable lesson last time I changed a rear tire, always isert the spoons so that you push your spoons away from the body. I didn't do this when changing a particulary stubborn Dunlop 756, inserted the spoons at the 12 o'clock position and pulled towards my body, well the spoon slipped out and I punched myself in the nose, now I'm pissed, inserted the spoon again in the same position and yup.. did it again, only this time I was really pulling hard and when the spoon came out I hit myself with enough force to drive myself to my knees.

Two puches to the face and a bloody nose, I finally wised up, now I push the spoons away from myself.

I haven't pinched a tube in awhile, but I'm using ultra-HD tubes since I changed to a trials tire.

I learned a valuable lesson last time I changed a rear tire, always isert the spoons so that you push your spoons away from the body. I didn't do this when changing a particulary stubborn Dunlop 756, inserted the spoons at the 12 o'clock position and pulled towards my body, well the spoon slipped out and I punched myself in the nose, now I'm pissed, inserted the spoon again in the same position and yup.. did it again, only this time I was really pulling hard and when the spoon came out I hit myself with enough force to drive myself to my knees.

Two puches to the face and a bloody nose, I finally wised up, now I push the spoons away from myself.

L O L ? :smirk: