Calling all CR brainiacs! (Pic)

I had a little incident during my race yesterday...

230681_1725058491861_1400342540_31467248_7318353_n.jpg

Smacked a rock and took out the chainguide. I need answers and opinions guys!

1. Will other year swingarms fit my 2000 CR250?

2. Anyone know of a '00-'01 CR being parted out?

3. Do you think an aluminum guy can fab and weld tabs to hang a new guide? My swingarm is in great shape otherwise!

Any other helpful thoughts? I gotta try and put this thing together by June 4th.

That happened to my old 2000 cr250 also. Any swingarm from 2000-2001 cr125/250 will work. I believe the only difference between the 125 and 250 is just the dogbone and linkage. I am not sure if other years will fit but those will for sure. When you get a new swingarm get rid of the aluminum chain guide and just run the plastic piece that is inside the guard. It will flex with the hits and the return to its original position without breaking the mount off the swingarm. I have been running my cr's that way for over 10years withouit any problems or chain derailments

Personally I would by a new guard and take it with the swing arm to a shop along with the wrecked one. The shop should be able to fab up simple tabs and weld them on there using the old ones a guide. I would think that would be cheaper than getting a used swing arm.

HA HA! I just did the same thing to my 2000 CR125 three weeks ago. I got lucky and found a new swingarm already. My damaged swingarm has some custom fabwork. Have not decided yet to have it welded or fab the new swingarm. If I dont hurry i'll be cutting into riding season though. Good luck with yours, let us know what you do.