FOJ Announces new Dove Springs Trail Openings??

California

I just saw that the Friends of Jawbone announced the opening of two new trails in Dove Springs.

From the FOJ FaceBook page:

The Friends of Jawbone has marked two new trails within the Jawbone OHV Open Area — SC184 and SC186.

SC186 runs along the rim of Dove Springs and it is beautiful view with a fairly easy ride. SC184, also easy, runs from SC103 to SC180 as a short cut to SC175. Both trails are now signed and graded.

It is an exciting time for Jawbone when new trails are opened, creating more opportunities for exploration. Have fun and please remember to visit the Jawbone Station with any questions or concerns during your visit!

Does the new SC184 from SC103 to SC180 run across the Dove Springs Open Area? If so, big deal...it's the Open Area. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I saw that also, All it really does is put routes into the inventory for maintenance

If its a spin to get some good press, Well, I dont think many here will be impressed

But, Some people rather not ride 3-4 foot sand whoops everywhere

They did this a few years ago adding SC 2 in Jawbone Canyon, I actually like that trail

If its a spin to get some good press, Well, I dont think many here will be impressed

You got that right!

edit for real trails

Edited by Bill_P

edit.

Edited by Fasz Kalap
Embrace new trails. Others will be coming. Good press or not... it's not bad to get a new trail into the system. It's a trend we wanna see !

Eh... It's like watching them jack gas up to $20.00 a gallon then doing the happy dance once they drop it to $19.00 a gallon.

It's hard to get excited about $19.00 a gallon gas!

Especially seeing as how these "new" trails are likely old trials that they widened, graded, fenced in and signed with a official number and a "your OHV funds at work" logo.

That's not riding - not in my book! :smirk:

My attitude on adding back trails is gonna be "THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER !"

That's certainly your prerogative. Don't expect everyone to be as excited as you are.....

No one loved JB more then I, you should have seen it 30 years ago.

may it rest in Peace.......

What happened in here? Most the posts were either deleted or edited away - weird...

A step in the right direction, failed PR spin, our OHV funds at work.... whatever! I've heard way too many conflicting stories about what goes on behind the scenes over at FOJ to know whether they are friend or foe - what I do know though is that the proof is in the pudding and the pudding tastes like shit!

You can put as many rainbow sprinkles as you want on this turd, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth!

What happened in here? Most the posts were either deleted or edited away - weird...

A step in the right direction, failed PR spin, our OHV funds at work.... whatever! I've heard way too many conflicting stories about what goes on behind the scenes over at FOJ to know whether they are friend or foe - what I do know though is that the proof is in the pudding and the pudding tastes like shit!

You can put as many rainbow sprinkles as you want on this turd, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth!

Ahhh you like the taste of turds and you know it!!