Sign in to follow this  

Jetting

I am about to order the jd jet kit and was wandering what the best setup would be. I searched but couldn't find a similar thread. I have the fmf power bomb header and q4 silencer,3x3, and uni filter. I live at aroud 500 ft but do most of my riding from 1000 to 7000 ft. Temp avereage where I live in the summer is probly around 98 to 102 and slightly lower in the mountains. What would be the best setup for me?

Thanks DVIRGIL! I really didn't see one on there with the powerbomb header and Q4 exhaust with the large fluctuation in altitude? I'm not questioning you on how you got that setup but I would like to know so I could figure it out on my own in the future? Thanks again,

Josh

its not my spreadsheet..with regards to set up i would go

155mj, 22.5pj,blue needle 4th clip,ext fuel screw 2.5 turns,,

you may be a little rich for where you ride, but better than too lean. You want to jet for where you ride (higher elevation=thinner air=leaner jet), a 158-160mj.if you stayed at sea level...with you rfluctuation in altitude,,itl'll be hard to get a perfect medium..with this setting it'll lean out alittle where you live. i think its a good place to start..my thoughts anyway..goodluck

it doesnt allow me to see your shopping cart....you'll need the ext fuel screw

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/product_p/int_kientech_drzsfms.htm

James dean jet kit JDS005 which comes with float bowl screws

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/product_p/int_jdjetting_jetkit.htm

and i think thats it..mcct if you dont have it since your shopping anyway, this is all for the mikuni carb which i assume you have ,,you never specified.

Ya its the stock s carb its not the fcr but I wish! haha. Yea thats the two things I got. Now I have another question. If I'm going to jet it for Bakersfield Ca where I live to ride to work and back would it be the same jetting as you mentioned before?

155mj, 22.5pj,blue needle 4th clip,ext fuel screw 2.5 turns

i think it would still work,, if you have any cutting out, try going to a 160,,but i think that would be to large for your set up, the 155 should work well

I am about to order the jd jet kit and was wandering what the best setup would be. I searched but couldn't find a similar thread. I have the fmf power bomb header and q4 silencer,3x3, and uni filter. I live at aroud 500 ft but do most of my riding from 1000 to 7000 ft. Temp avereage where I live in the summer is probly around 98 to 102 and slightly lower in the mountains. What would be the best setup for me?

I would try 155mj

Blue needle clip 3

22.5 pilot jet with extended screw or 25 pilot jet with stock screw

2.75 turns