Marvin Musquin

Supercross

Musquin won the 2009 F.I.M. MX2-GP World Championship and, successfully defended his title in 2010. Emig referred to him as the world champ.

I always thought the USA was part of the world. He didn't look that dominate at Hangtown. Maybe his bike wasn't running well.

:smirk:

He crashed in turn 1 of moto2, was in last place and worked his place up to 6th. On the day he was 5th overall behind 3 Kawis and Tomac.

He didn't get much attention but put in some great rides. I think it was a good showing considering his 1st national and he's out of his element.

I have heard he is hoping to be well-recieved by the American public and is hoping to avoid the stigma that has clouded most great french riders. I like him! Look for him to improve. Many foreign riders have a tough go here (as we do there). Tommy Searle never shined here.

American riders is allowed to race the gp's as well. The gp's are held on three different continents with riders from all parts of the world, I think its fair to call the winner 'world champ'

Coming from dead last to 6'th in second moto was pretty impressive, I know that from the way Ralphies voice turned falsetto announcing it.

I think that he rode pretty well for it being the first race of the series.

I watched him race at the GP race last year at Glen Helen and the kid can haul the mail! We'll have to see how he does in the next few races to really be able to gauge his speed against the dominant Geico/PC guys.

The Euro style of riding is really cool to see. They always seem to find the smoothest lines on the track and make it look effortless.

My buddies and I were watching him in Saturday morning practice. We were not impressed one bit innitialy. Then, he turned it up another gear (or 3) and blew us away. The man was doing things just as smooth and fast as some of the top 450 riders. My buddies and I just looked at each other as if to say "holy shit balls".

The guy is for real folks, no doubt about it. He did not get good starts at Hangtown but he was able to charge back to salvage the day. If he gets a top 5 or even 8 start, look out.

American riders is allowed to race the gp's as well. The gp's are held on three different continents with riders from all parts of the world, I think its fair to call the winner 'world champ'

Coming from dead last to 6'th in second moto was pretty impressive, I know that from the way Ralphies voice turned falsetto announcing it.

who's ralphie? Jeff Emig and Jason Weigandt were calling the race

American riders is allowed to race the gp's as well. The gp's are held on three different continents with riders from all parts of the world, I think its fair to call the winner 'world champ'.

NO... He is European Champion. If he wins the title here, then he is World Champion.

Musquin won the 2009 F.I.M. MX2-GP World Championship and, successfully defended his title in 2010. Emig referred to him as the world champ.

I always thought the USA was part of the world. He didn't look that dominate at Hangtown. Maybe his bike wasn't running well.

Until Roczen wins it this season, he still is the world champ.

If making his way to 6th from last place in turn 2 isn't impressive, I don't know what is. It's only his 1st National; he'll improve.

NO... He is European Champion. If he wins the title here, then he is World Champion.

The US Outdoor Nationals is not a world title (see bold). There's no European Championship, they race all over the world, and the GP winners have always been referred to as World Champions.

who's ralphie? Jeff Emig and Jason Weigandt were calling the race

My bad, Im so used to Sheehan announcing the ama races I auto typed his name.

The US Outdoor Nationals is not a world title (see bold). There's no European Championship, they race all over the world, and the GP winners have always been referred to as World Champions.

There is actually an europeean championship, but its kinda like the differance between ama pro and amateur series so its of lesser international interest.

A few would probably like it tho as they race twostrokes

I was impressed, thought he did great....

There is actually an europeean championship, but its kinda like the differance between ama pro and amateur series so its of lesser international interest.

A few would probably like it tho as they race twostrokes

that sounds awesome

I'm not sure if the OP is casting out his line to hook some folks, but Marvin Musquin is very much the current 250 world champion.

Until Roczen wins it this season, he still is the world champ.

If making his way to 6th from last place in turn 2 isn't impressive, I don't know what is. It's only his 1st National; he'll improve.

Barcia went over the handle bars and when he got up he was behind MM. At the end of the race, Barcia had repassed MM.

MM is a bad dude and can ride a motorbike extremely well. But he is the Prince of europe, not King of the world.

Barcia went over the handle bars and when he got up he was behind MM. At the end of the race, Barcia had repassed MM.

MM is a bad dude and can ride a motorbike extremely well. But he is the Prince of europe, not King of the world.

It's semantics at this point.

The GPs ARE the World Motocross Championship. However, a lot of "World Champions" consider the next step in their career is to come race in the U.S.

I guess its like boxing. You have diffen't belts and all of them are world champion, but unless you hold all belts, Like Mike Tyson did, then you are undisputed World champion.

He was riding fast Saturday and looked good. I would expect him in the top 5 when he does not crash.

I always thought the USA was part of the world.

By that rationale alone, the GP series would have to go through every country on the planet if you want to start being technical about what a "World Champion" is.

Besides, what do you think has happened at Glen Helen that past couple of years? I think it was the FIM MX1 & MX2 GP.

You guys do realize MM has been out with a knee injury for like EVER and this is his first national and second real race since injury?? Give him time. Barcia passing him back means nothing. He may not win, but he will be evey bit the contender barcia will be.