2010 TE-450 fuel pump failure (possibly?)

Hi,

was out riding my 2010 TE-450 today, and it rode really well up until the end (almost), where it completely died, and would not start. When I turn the ignition on and off, I'd normally hear the fuel pump kick in for a few seconds, but now all I hear are two clicks (from a solenoid or something?) about 3-4 seconds apart. And then nothing. I won't start at all... :smirk:

Is it likely that my fuel pump is dead? Or gummed up? Could it be an electrical problem?

Thanks,

-- leif

Batterie terminals loose.

Fuse/electrical conector inside tank.

Many variables.

Search forum for fuel pump.

Also go to Cafe Husky and look. Web only deals with husky.

I agree....I had this issue with my 2009 TE510.

Turned out to be a bad battery. Now I keep a battery tender on it when I'm not using it, so hopefully it won't happen again.

I agree....I had this issue with my 2009 TE510.

Turned out to be a bad battery. Now I keep a battery tender on it when I'm not using it, so hopefully it won't happen again.

Hmmm, my battery seems OK though, the headlight is working fine, and the electric starter cranks over nicely. I've checked the fuses, there seems to be three of them and as far as I can tell them all are ok. I checked the wiring, and couldn't find or fix anything there so far.

I'll check the relay next, when I find out where it is :smirk:. And I guess next would be to take out the fuel pump from the tank?

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the same EXACT problem with my 510 smr. Under the number plates you will find three fuses (2-20 amps, and 1-15 amp as I remember). Take all those stock fuses and throw them in the trash. replace with ones from an auto parts store and your problem is solved. The stock fuses are crap and the filament actually cracks under normal riding conditions.

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the same EXACT problem with my 510 smr. Under the number plates you will find three fuses (2-20 amps, and 1-15 amp as I remember). Take all those stock fuses and throw them in the trash. replace with ones from an auto parts store and your problem is solved. The stock fuses are crap and the filament actually cracks under normal riding conditions.

Thanks for the tip, I'll take al ook at it again. I did however already pull the tank apart before I got your message, and took the fuel pump out. Following the service manual, I tested the pump with 12v to the +/- contacts, and there's no reaction from the pump at all. No noise, no spinning (as far as I can tell), nothing.

Where can I find a replacement pump, to test this?

Thanks for the tip, I'll take al ook at it again. I did however already pull the tank apart before I got your message, and took the fuel pump out. Following the service manual, I tested the pump with 12v to the +/- contacts, and there's no reaction from the pump at all. No noise, no spinning (as far as I can tell), nothing.

Where can I find a replacement pump, to test this?

Well, I guess your pump is actually shot. When you hook it up directly to 12 volts, the pump should spin..........Looks like the replacement is only $129 though:banana:

Sure is nice of someone to finally come up with a cheaper replacement to the factory one. Mine is still running strong after 3 years and over 5000 miles.

Sure is nice of someone to finally come up with a cheaper replacement to the factory one. Mine is still running strong after 3 years and over 5000 miles.

I'm starting to suspect there were pieces of plastic that might have entered my pump, I found a few pieces of plastic when I emptied out the fuel to open it up. Looks like it was from when they drilled the holes in the tank (from factory).

Since the pump had unseated itself from the bracket, I think there was space where it could have sucked in some of the plastic pieces I think. I'd recommend everyone to examine their pumps, to make sure it's properly seated, and that the "claws" on the bracket actually hold it in place properly.

There are three fuses on the right side of the frame. Remove the seat and right side plastic cover and you will see them. The first fuse is 20amp, 2nd and 3rd are 10amp. The center fuse (2nd) will easily vibrate loose even though Husqvarna has a cap on these fuses. Replace it. I had a 10 When I ride anything rough I carry an extra 20 and 10 amp fuse with me. I have had the fuse pass an continuity test and replacing it fixed my inoperative pump.

I received this information from someone on the site and it has been my fix 3x now.