Pot in the Piutes

California

No news there. That stuff has been going on up there for decades. Six thousand plants though...... :smirk::lol:

Where exactly again? JK

No news there. That stuff has been going on up there for decades. Six thousand plants though...... :smirk::lol:
Where exactly again? JK

Keep in mind that these guys were armed and that 6430 plants represents a significant financial asset. They do not want anyone to know where their farming enterprise is nor know who is and who isn't a LEO when they are on a off road vehicle. A few years past we had a similar enterprise going on in the Santa Monica mountains that was discovered by the LAPD off road team and those officers were fired on by those horticulturists. Just a word of caution should you inadvertently discover such a farming enterprise my friends. RB

Edited by rickbrnl
cause I can't spell
Keep in mind that these guys were armed and that 6430 plants represents a significant financial asset. They do not want anyone to know where there farming enterprise is nor know who is and who isn't a LEO when they are on a off road vehicle. A few years past we had a similar enterprise going on in the Santa Monica mountains that was discovered by the LAPD off road team and those officers were fired on by those horticulturists. Just a word of caution should you inadvertently discover such a farming enterprise my friends. RB

There's no doubt that accidentally running across a meth lab or a pot plantation while out riding is one of the most dangerous aspects of riding. I have one time run across such a setup out in the piutes and it scared the crap out of me. Toothless guy with a shotgun and 2-3 mangy dogs. It was very obvious he wanted no visitors. He grudgingly gave us directions, but I could hear banjo's and shotgun blasts in the back of my mind for days...... :smirk::smirk:

you mean stupid azz dope growers, we just love running ower D7 cat through that stuff:banana::smirk:

6500 plants isnt very much, I have seen bigger with my own eyes!

6500 plants isnt very much, I have seen bigger with my own eyes!

It isn't? My friend it is 3/4 to over a million dollars worth, wholesale, (depending on market and quality) and certainly enough to get killed over. We weren't trying to one up one another, the point was caution and care when and if you should encounter such a plantation. After all none of us wants to meet Bill's toothless shotgun toting banjo music enthusiast. RB

It isn't? My friend it is 3/4 to over a million dollars worth (depending on market and quality) and certainly enough to get killed over. We weren't trying to one up one another, the point was caution and care when and if you should encounter such a plantation. After all none of us wants to meet Bill's toothless shotgun toting banjo music enthusiast. RB

I know it is alot, and I wasnt try to make a point of saying it wasnt and I apologize if it came off that way! Up here in BC though, I have seen a few wild plantations though. Im talking 10,000 plus plants. They had over 100, 100 pound propane bottles. They actually ended up stealing a propane bulk truck and burying it in the ground but couldnt convert it into usable gas. It was quite insane. I do understand the danger though.

I know it is alot, and I wasnt try to make a point of saying it wasnt and I apologize if it came off that way! Up here in BC though, I have seen a few wild plantations though. Im talking 10,000 plus plants. They had over 100, 100 pound propane bottles. They actually ended up stealing a propane bulk truck and burying it in the ground but couldnt convert it into usable gas. It was quite insane. I do understand the danger though.

Yeah I have heard from my RCMP friends that the forests up there are quite the place for MJ farms and meth labs. Kind of puts a whole new meaning to protective clothing for riding huh? Stay safe my friend. RB

Yeah I have heard from my RCMP friends that the forests up there are quite the place for MJ farms and meth labs. Kind of puts a whole new meaning to protective clothing for riding huh? Stay safe my friend. RB

Interesting you mention meth labs, they seem to be getting bigger and bigger around here. They had a huge bust last year where the pot growers had trained wild bears to protect their property! There was like 5 or 6 trained black bears roaming around the property!

Interesting you mention meth labs, they seem to be getting bigger and bigger around here. They had a huge bust last year where the pot growers had trained wild bears to protect their property! There was like 5 or 6 trained black bears roaming around the property!

Now that is serious intruder protection. Think Bill P's toothless guy is looking better. RB

It's a sad state of affairs when you have to fear for your life recreating on the public lands. One observation is that staying on the designated trails will usually keep you clear of these operations. It's when you are on the SSS that stumbling across these kind of things is a lot more likely. I've never had the misfortune of this on a dirt bike, but I've been in some bad situations hiking off trail.

It isn't? My friend it is 3/4 to over a million dollars worth, wholesale, (depending on market and quality) and certainly enough to get killed over. We weren't trying to one up one another, the point was caution and care when and if you should encounter such a plantation. After all none of us wants to meet Bill's toothless shotgun toting banjo music enthusiast. RB

Squeel like a pig BOOOYYYEEE

Think Bill P's toothless guy is looking better. RB

I'd be happy to point you in his general direction Rick. :smirk:

I'd be happy to point you in his general direction Rick. :smirk:

You are so accommodating Bill. What a prince of a guy, but wouldn't want to cut in on your back woods buddy. Ah now I get the banjo reference. RB

You are so accommodating Bill. What a prince of a guy, but wouldn't want to cut in on your back woods buddy. Ah now I get the banjo reference. RB

He ain't my buddy.

He ain't my buddy.

Of course not! RB

Good thing nobody follows me to my plantation. 6000 is small compared to what I have. :smirk: Don't even think about it. I will pin you down and force you to listen to Banjo Music until your head pops, GOT IT! :smirk: