What have you been paying for an 11 WR250R?

I'm in Central Calif. I tried to get a 09-10 from any dealer but non to be had.

Could not find a local used one either.

I paid $7,200 OTD for my 2011. (and it was worth it). I'm selling my 09 KLR 650. This is way more fun.?

I ended up paying $7050 OTD. That included taking off all the AIS junk as well as the intake junk as well as the exhaust junk. There's a lot of junk on this bike.

I fitted a pair of Acerbiz Rally Pro handguards today. Sawed a total of 3" off the bar.

I took the spark arrestor out, that perked things up noticably. A friend of mine gave me a nice wide set of foot pegs off an F. I put those on also. The FMF Q4 is going on very soon.

Any suggestions on the Power Programmer settings?

I adjusted the suspention. This thing is coming around nicely. Hoping to make it very dirt worthy.

• 1 month later...

I gave 6k OTD for a leftover 09 X with pipe and power commander. I think I probably could have gotten it for less but I'm not much of a haggler.

I think I heard someone say 08 had a different crank bearing? not as good? I dunno. Not sure. I'm new to these bikes too.

I gave 6k OTD for a leftover 09 X with pipe and power commander. I think I probably could have gotten it for less but I'm not much of a haggler.

I think I heard someone say 08 had a different crank bearing? not as good? I dunno. Not sure. I'm new to these bikes too.

Same bearings all years, rod and mains. Just need to look at Yamaha website parts lists to prove that. Nice rumor, though.

I bought my 08 WRR for $4300 with 160 miles on it. I consider that about right in pricing. I would have gone to 5K new. They wanted 6K at that time, which I felt priced themselves out of the running. We're getting into KTM territory now.

It is a good bike, but for those planning on making it a true off road bike, I'd suggest you start with something a little more suitable. At 300 pounds, it is, like I said, a good off road bike, but not a great one. I use mine to ride on pavement to and from the riding areas, and if I don't go after too technical stuff, it is fine. It has forded streams, climbed very steep rocky ridges, gone just about anywhere I've pointed it. But after all of this, I find I consistently think it is just plain too heavy for serious stuff. It will do it, but so will a XT600, and it isn't ideal either. Great reliability, low noise, enough but not inspiring power (note I said enough, not under enough or just enough) reasonable comfort for a dirt-bike wannabe, ok suspension. In most ways, except for the seat, it is a better road bike than a dirt bike. So the X version guys are probably ahead in the game.

I suggest keeping it perspective: these were made for and sold to the Euro market, where riding Enduros/Dual-Sports on the road as street transportation is considered the norm. In the US, few would purposely buy a 250 dual sport as a street only proposition. Not that it can't do it, but there are other choices.

What I'm getting at, after having owned mine for several years, is it is a fine bike, just don't try and make it something it isn't. It has one radiator, good but not great handling (mostly because of the extra 30-50 pounds it lugs around, all up high) A reliable, clean emission compliant engine that makes ok power. It isn't a race bike, and will never become one. If you overdo the "more better" thing, all you'll do is lower the reliability and up the cost, and it will still be what it is. If you're hell bent on a race bike with lights, buy a KTM or a Husky to begin with, you'll be far closer to your goal.

I've found some riding that I need less weight for, and am considering looking for an older IT175-200. By the time I lower the center of gravity and lose the extra 75 pounds by doing that, I'll end up with better handling and the same amount of power, even with the low tech.

Ok, now you true believers can slam me....

Been looking for one. Went to a local dealer who has a '08 "demo" with 1400 miles and looks like it has a lot more than that! They want $5300 plus whatever fees(not sure) seems a bit high to me since NADA book is $3700.

Still looking, anybody got one for sale near NJ?

Been looking for one. Went to a local dealer who has a '08 "demo" with 1400 miles and looks like it has a lot more than that! They want $5300 plus whatever fees(not sure) seems a bit high to me since NADA book is $3700.

Still looking, anybody got one for sale near NJ?

Read your PM