Sign in to follow this  

250f hp

Just wandering how much hp does the 250f's make stock? I have heard some one say they make about 40hp I don't think that is right? Just figured I would ask the tt experts.

Thanks for all replies:ride:

I've heard 34, I've heard 36... You would probably get another hp depending on elevation and temps?

34-38 conditions depending....and that's the more performance 250s, bikes like a ttr or xr would probably be like 28ish

I didn't realize they put out them kind of numbers.Now am I wrong or is that not pretty close to the 400's? I have a YZ400F and I didn't even think it had 40hp after coming off the ole 86 cr500??I am confuzed now! :smirk:

On the dyno local to me most stock 250F's peak around 32-33hp, but every dyno is different, that's why they are only used for before and after comparisons. Most dynos will show a stock 250F somewhere between 31-35hp though.

im pretty sure its rear wheel hp and it makes around 34, assuming its not down on compression and running well

34-38 conditions depending....and that's the more performance 250s, bikes like a ttr or xr would probably be like 28ish

The ttr's and xr's are more around low 20's hp.

I didn't realize they put out them kind of numbers.Now am I wrong or is that not pretty close to the 400's? I have a YZ400F and I didn't even think it had 40hp after coming off the ole 86 cr500??I am confuzed now! :smirk:

A good running 450 should be putting out closer to 50. 45 - 48? That make any more sense? Now you're gettin in the neighborhood of that 250 2 stroke. Seeing a trend here? You're probably talking about 60-65hp with a 500 smoker. dayum!

On the dyno local to me most stock 250F's peak around 32-33hp, but every dyno is different, that's why they are only used for before and after comparisons. Most dynos will show a stock 250F somewhere between 31-35hp though.

^^Agreed.

OP, to get a 250f to 40+ hp range it'll take mods like porting, cams, a BB kit and an exhaust system.