Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Infamous Hangtown Quotes...2011

Ok, so Hangtown FINALLY had a speaker system at the track that was worth a damn. In all years prior, you had to tune into the race commentary on the radio wich didn't work 90% of the time. This year, the place was booming with music and finally you got to hear the race interviews. Here are a few from the race that I found worthy enough to share (and add Husky's 2 cents worth into).... :smirk:

1. MA800 interview right after qualifier #1....

Interviewer: Mike, you decided to ride the 450 this year as opposed to the 350. Why the change?

Mike Alessi: "I wanted the power"

Husky says..... Told ya so!

2. RV2 interview after qualifier #2

Interviewer: Ryan, Mike Alessi had the fastest qualifier in the first practice with a 2:05. You were 3.5 seconds off that pace in each practice. What will you have to do?

Ryan Villopoto: "Anybody can run a 2:05 when the track is groomed".

Husky says... Then what the hell were you waiting for!?!?

3. Dean Wilson after winning Moto 1 of the 250 class.

Interviewer: Dean, you looked great out there, do you have anything left for the 2nd moto?

Dean Wilson: "Man, my tummy really hurt half way through that moto. I have a lot more speed to show these guys in moto 2".

Husky says... Dude, you finished 3rd in moto 2 and.....did you just say tummy!?!? PS.... Pull your pants up!

4. Mike Alessi upon arriving from ER right before gate drop of Moto 2 in the 450 class.

Interviewer: Mike, you took a hard hit. what is the prognossis?

Mike Alessi: "I just want to think everyone coming out to support the 800. I am sorry I can't race today. I am sorry to the fans. I am sorry to KTM. I am sorry to my sponsors. I am so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, etc, etc, etc...sorry".

Husky says.... You ruined my picks for the week you &%$#@ (edit here not to get banned for life)! I had you for the win damnit!!!....(ok, ok...on a side note, get better soon). Also, are you sorry?

5. Ryan Villopoto after moto 2 and finishing 3rd overall on the day.

Interviewer: Ryan, you had a good day. What will you have to improve on for next week?

Ryan Villopoto: "This track is just never good, it's terrible".

Husky says.... "This track" just kicked your ass like a red headed step child! If I wasn't half on my ass from the Coors Lights I would walk my drunk ass over to the podium, have your girlfriend hold my coat while I kicked you in the nut sack for insulting MY hometown track and all the effort the Dirt Diggers club put into this so your over privledged ass can ride on it! You think it's hard now, try ridding it during the week when it's not groomed so nice! Your SX title seem's to have turned you into a giant purple headed $#@%$..!

6. Chad Reed after winning moto 2 and the overall (Classic quote of the day!)

Interviewer: Chad, were you getting a little nervous there at the end with Ryan Dungey pulling to within 1.5 seconds of you?

Chad Reed: "No, not at all. He wasn't 1.5 seconds close at the checkered flag. Catching me is one thing, passing me for the overall is something entirely different".

Husky says... Oh damn! CR22 with one win, healthy, confidence and factory Honda parts is not good for the rest. Way to go Reedy! This is gonna get interesting folks....

:smirk:

• Like 1

Ok, so Hangtown FINALLY had a speaker system at the track that was worth a damn. In all years prior, you had to tune into the race commentary on the radio wich didn't work 90% of the time. This year, the place was booming with music and finally you got to hear the race interviews. Here are a few from the race that I found worthy enough to share (and add Husky's 2 cents worth into).... :smirk:

2. RV2 interview after qualifier #2

Interviewer: Ryan, Mike Alessi had the fastest qualifier in the first practice with a 2:05. You were 3.5 seconds off that pace in each practice. What will you have to do?

Ryan Villopoto: "Anybody can run a 2:05 when the track is groomed".

Husky says... Then what the hell were you waiting for!?!?

Ha ha :smirk:

ha, nice post Husky! I have one more quote that you missed.

Right before the gate drops moto number 1 in the 450s

All the fans: Snake, hows everything looking today? 450s at the line and ready to kick off the 2011 MX season! Thoughts?

snake212 (2010 sx fanatsy champ) - Where the %$%^&%& is JLaw!??!

ha, nice post Husky! I have one more quote that you missed.

Right before the gate drops moto number 1 in the 450s

All the fans: Snake, hows everything looking today? 450s at the line and ready to kick off the 2011 MX season! Thoughts?

snake212 (2010 sx fanatsy champ) - Where the %$%^&%& is JLaw!??!

You gonna dine on that sx champship for the rest of your days arnt ya

You gonna dine on that sx champship for the rest of your days arnt ya

Oh yes bro...oh yessss.....

It might be the last thing I ever win!

It is a long season , Reed looked good , but he did well there last year also. RD looked very fast also , as for RD being able to pass Reed , before the season is over Reed will be seeing alot of RD 's back as pulls away. Not a big Reed fan , but he did ride very good this week, should be a great season, and RD looks like he wants to keep that #1 plate.

This season already feels too long. How did I pass time during the SX season? Gah... I need to stay off this forum...

5 more days!

CR looked more comfortable on that red bike then me sitting in my armchair watching the race.. Hes definetly in it to win it.

RV, well, I guess there is a bit of sx-hangover on his part. seemed pretty frustrated during the interviews. guess he wanted to make an early statement at hangtown.

well.... I love the quotes and stuff... BUT... I really love the RED PLATE that I am running in the standings right now even better!!!:smirk:

We'll see what happens after next week... but for now I'm lovin Hangtown!!!

RV really is going to blame the track? I wasn't at the race so I can't confirm this, but from my understanding, everyone was racing the same track correct?

RV really is going to blame the track? I wasn't at the race so I can't confirm this, but from my understanding, everyone was racing the same track correct?

I wouldn't crap you guys, you are all my favorite turds... :smirk:

Yup...I couldn't believe it myself. 3rd overall at the first race of the Nationals and right in front of the hometown fans and the Dirt Diggers who built the track, he talked the smack.... Thing is though, he LOVED it in 06', 07' and 08'. Go figure....

Chad had some tough words like that last year if I recall, when he won the overall...but he didn't last much longer that season.

I like him more this year than last year, and his ownership of his team has helped that a great deal. I think he'll stick with it this year since he's owner and all that, but tough talk like that doesn't help me like him any more. It was kind of a stupid question, but he could have answered it a lot better.

I could be pretty happy with an RV that never got better than 3rd though. :smirk:

RV was the only one asked the question and he was truthful. I talked to a few riders and no one liked those rice hulls which made the ground inconsistent with deep ruts. The Dirt Diggers do a marvelous job on their national but lets face it Hangtown is far from being a rider favorite. All riders like the tracks they win on you would be a fool not to.

RV was the only one asked the question and he was truthful. I talked to a few riders and no one liked those rice hulls which made the ground inconsistent with deep ruts. The Dirt Diggers do a marvelous job on their national but lets face it Hangtown is far from being a rider favorite. All riders like the tracks they win on you would be a fool not to.

There is no doubt that the rice hulls make the track a little more inconsistant as far as deep ruts and lines constantly changing. However, they were put there to serve a purpose for both the riders and the fans. It keeps the dust down which is great for both fans, riders and television. Also, in years past, Hangtown was pretty much like racing on concrete with boulders getting flung 30 MPH at your melon (much like it is during the normal weeks). If it wasn't for the rice hulls, Mike Alessi may have been in a full body cast right about now. No doubt the rice hulls saved his ass from major injury.

That being said though, it is without a doubt probably the roughest SOB track their is on the circuit just because of the soil combinations, rocks and elevation changes. I can only think of maybe one other track like it and that is Unadilla but the riders complain about that track too. Hey, it's motocross; it's supposed to be for men, not boys....

PS.... He wasn't the only one asked that question. Alessi was asked, Musquin was asked, Dungey was asked etc, etc....