Sign in to follow this  

Clarke tank with Flatlands Rad Guards

I have a 2008 CRF450R that has Flatlands radiator guards, and I need a bigger gas tank. Been looking around, and will probably go with the Clarke 2.6 gallon.

1) Will I have to modify the Flatland radiator guards to work with the Clarke tank?

2) Eventually I am going to put a scotts damper on it with a SUB mount. Any clearance issues between the Scotts damper, Clarke gas tank, andd Flatlands radiator guards?

Any reason to go with an IMS tank with the above setup?

Thanks!

Boo

Forgot to mention, I've done several searches, and found nothing dealing with this specific tank, sub-mount damper, and radiator guard combination. Seems like a common set-up?

I have a 2008 CRF450R that has Flatlands radiator guards, and I need a bigger gas tank. Been looking around, and will probably go with the Clarke 2.6 gallon.

1) Will I have to modify the Flatland radiator guards to work with the Clarke tank?

2) Eventually I am going to put a scotts damper on it with a SUB mount. Any clearance issues between the Scotts damper, Clarke gas tank, andd Flatlands radiator guards?

Any reason to go with an IMS tank with the above setup?

Thanks!

Boo

You should be ok with the Clarke tank as they try to keep the dampers in mind when they are making a tank. Ive put a few of the Flatland guards on the bikes with IMS tank and never seen a problem but I dont know for sure on the Clarke.

Thanks-

Eric

You're the guinea pig...

Oooh! Oooh! Pick me! I already have 2/3rds of the set-up that the op is looking at (apart from a gpr v2 damper).... The clarke tank and the flatlands guards fit flawlessly, I wouldn't know about the scotts sub mount, though.