Sign in to follow this  

Goggle liner coming off.

So as the title states the liner from the inside of my Oakley goggles is separating from the foam. Just curious if there is a simple and easy fix to repair this. I really don't want to spend another $40 on goggles, these ones are still in great shape, just after getting a little moist from sweat the liner is separating.

My first idea is to use a little headliner glue used in automobiles, only costs $3, but I'm worried it will not have enough "flex" and just separate again.

The link below is what mine are.

http://www.amazon.com/Oakley-Off-Road-Motorcycle-Goggles-Eyewear/dp/B002BNTDF2

518X4qN2PjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Any recommendations or easy fixes?

That sounds like it would work. Any kind of thin glue will work just fine, because it's not the glue that fails, the foam tears easily. With taking the goggles on and off it slowly pulls the foam apart.

That sounds like it would work. Any kind of thin glue will work just fine, because it's not the glue that fails, the foam tears easily. With taking the goggles on and off it slowly pulls the foam apart.

I guess I'll try this and see how it works thanks.

Exactly why I no longer wear Oakley googles. Dragons are twice as comfortable and the liner doesn't rip out.

When I replace them I guess no more oakley goggles for me. I'll take a look at the dragons. Thanks.