Am I strong enough??

I think im going to move up to a 250 soon. I was hoping to get a crf250r or a yz250f. But im a little concerned about starting it..... I need to know how hard it is to start one.

I think im going to move up to a 250 soon. I was hoping to get a crf250r or a yz250f. But im a little concerned about starting it..... I need to know how hard it is to start one.

what about a bike with an e start

hard.

Go to the track and ask to try it. It's not that hard. If height is a problem, just get your race helper to hold the bike while you put your weight into it. A human being can do anything with practice.

My son has a crf250x and I have a yz250f. My son only weighs 115 lbs. He doesn't have much trouble starting kicking the bikes. We race hare scrambles and he has trouble picking up the bike after falling, or keeping it from falling over in the rocks.

They're not that hard to start, it really depends on if you're tall enough to get in the proper position to kick it correctly. You could even lower it if you want. If you're interested in a e-start try a crf250x, wr250f or a KTM 250sxf if you want to stick with a more mx oriented bike.

I've seen women kick start Shovelhead Harleys. You can start a CRF250 alright.

It's gonna depend a lot on how tall you are. My girlfriend starts her RMZ250 just fine, but she is 5' 11" and weighs about 145.

Not THAT hard IMO. Gotta figure out the correct position to kick it... :smirk:

You can start kx250f's with your hand.

What are you? A wet noodle!

WOW. thats all i can say

i can barely get on the bike and am not very strong and i started the thing.it took some time to figure out that you need to kick it at a certain speed(allot slower then a 2 stroke)

Like many have suggested, if you are not tall enough to touch the ground it will be harder, but otherwise you shouldnt have a problem. Go to the dealer, find the bike that you are interested in and see if they will let you try to start it.

its not hard it only be hard if you cant touch the ground

You can start kx250f's with your hand.

Yup. That's a nifty trick to show people who are having a hell of a time starting their own bike because they're kicking too hard and too fast.

if your not tall enough to start it you can stand on a milk crate, or your bike stand. But the 250s are really easy to start

Just make sure you wear boots... I couldn't start mine if my life depended on it if I was wearing anything else other then my MX boots..

if your not tall enough to start it you can stand on a milk crate...

Carrying a crate around the track or on a trail can be difficult. You could always attach a couple of straps and use it as a helmet too......:smirk:

35f1e8f7.jpg

my 250f starts first or second kick when cold without the choke. im 5'5 120 lbs, and i dont have a hard time starting my bike or picking it up :smirk: