'95 CR250 Jetting Question

My riding buddy has a '95 CR250R that spews spooge out of the silencer and just generally runs a bit off so I am going to work on the jetting for him this week. Unfortunately, I don't know what the stock jetting for his bike is and neither does he. I am hoping that someone on here will know and will be kind enough to share this info with me. I am just looking for the stock jetting so I have a baseline to work from and compare his current jetting to. His bike has a Keihin PJ with the combined idle/choke knob and it is a real pita to deal with so if anyone has any advice on those, I'm all ears.

Thanks

Not sure about the exact jetting (something like 175main, 55piolot, 3rd clip on needle) but you can check rockymountainatv.com and look up machine specs and it will atleast tell you the main and pilot jets. Make sure that the float level is correct first. Depending on temp, altitude, and riding you can try to make adjustments. Good luck.

im 90% sure its 178 main 55 pj and 3rd pos

I'm 100% sure it is a 175 main, 55 pilot, 3rd groove, 2 turns out.

Thanks for the help everyone. This should give me some place to work from.

I have a '95. Every circuit is rich with the stock jetting. Install a 172 main, 52 pilot, 1369 needle, 3rd clip position and air screw at 1 1/2. The OEM part number for the 1369 needle is 16203-KZ3-690. It's a must.

The bike will run very well and spooge much less with this jetting.

I have a '95. Every circuit is rich with the stock jetting. Install a 172 main, 52 pilot, 1369 needle, 3rd clip position and air screw at 1 1/2. The OEM part number for the 1369 needle is 16203-KZ3-690. It's a must.

The bike will run very well and spooge much less with this jetting.

I'll give those jets a try. Is the 1369 needle leaner or richer than the stock 1368? I'm assuming that it is leaner since everthing else is going leaner but I can't seem to find any info that really nails that down for me. Thanks for the help.

1369 would be leaner.

My riding buddy has a '95 CR250R that spews spooge out of the silencer and just generally runs a bit off so I am going to work on the jetting for him this week. Unfortunately, I don't know what the stock jetting for his bike is and neither does he. I am hoping that someone on here will know and will be kind enough to share this info with me. I am just looking for the stock jetting so I have a baseline to work from and compare his current jetting to. His bike has a Keihin PJ with the combined idle/choke knob and it is a real pita to deal with so if anyone has any advice on those, I'm all ears.

Thanks

I cannot understand what is difficult to deal with on that carb. Never had one easier to deal with or easier to dial in. Took about 30 minutes one day and never touched it again for seven years. I'll give your buddy $25 and throw in a very nice Mikuni. I am sure y'all will love it! :smirk:
I cannot understand what is difficult to deal with on that carb. Never had one easier to deal with or easier to dial in. Took about 30 minutes one day and never touched it again for seven years. I'll give your buddy $25 and throw in a very nice Mikuni. I am sure y'all will love it! :smirk:

It seems that getting it to idle is the difficult part. That and getting my buddy to spend a couple of dollars on jets and put the time into jetting it properly. It took me 6 months of pestering to get him to buy some jets. He is one those people that isn't going to mess with anything until it falls off. If it cranks and moves then it runs fine according to him. :smirk:

It seems that getting it to idle is the difficult part. That and getting my buddy to spend a couple of dollars on jets and put the time into jetting it properly. It took me 6 months of pestering to get him to buy some jets. He is one those people that isn't going to mess with anything until it falls off. If it cranks and moves then it runs fine according to him. :smirk:
The idle is adjusted by turning the choke knob. Clockwise will INCREASE idle speed and vice versa. Adjust while in the DOWN position. Of course the proper jets will make things much easier. Good luck.

52p

175m

3rd clip

1-1/2 as

I will turn idle screw back down after every ride. (clocckwise)Then i will shut fuel off.

On new ride, will start bike with choke, (two kicks) and readjust idle, (counterclockwise) bike will run and start awesome all day and, super crisp with this jetting. I too have had trouble getting this bike to idle with this pj choke tower. The way i do this now seems to work. I dunno. I have to replaced the choke tower. Good luck.

Sorry to bring up a old thread, but I didnt think it needed a new one.  I am looking for a 1369 needle part number 16203-KZ3-690

Thanks guys

Thanks I appreciate it. if I can't source the 1369 I'll pick up a CGK.