Sign in to follow this  

06 carb issue...mystery leak

I have a leak somewhere at the front of my carb (06 crf450r) It looks to be coming from the air screw needle area. Has anyone seen this before? Is it possible to leak fuel from the air screw? Thanks in advance

I have a leak somewhere at the front of my carb (06 crf450r) It looks to be coming from the air screw needle area. Has anyone seen this before? Is it possible to leak fuel from the air screw? Thanks in advance

It's not an air screw, it's a fuel screw. So yes it is possible. Pull it out and check that o-ring is good and all fuel screw parts are on right. Fuel screw, spring, washer, o-ring.

have you had the bowl off lately? im with susco on this one, take the bowl off and check all the tiny assed orings. they can go bad over time.

Thanks, I got a flashlight out and it really looks like it is coming from that screw. I guess I am off to buy a new o ring.

Thanks, I got a flashlight out and it really looks like it is coming from that screw. I guess I am off to buy a new o ring.

I was in need of an o-ring for my accelerator pump cover (totally unrelated, I know...), and didn't want/have time to stop at the local dealership. I went to my local hardware store and picked up a couple of o-rings that were the exact same size, they even had some that were smaller for the self made purpose of the fuel screw. I don't know how much the honda dealership charges, but I can guarantee that it isn't ten cents!