Sign in to follow this  

Washington Goosecreek area tips welcomed

Guys/gals, camping at Goosecreek in a few weeks and never ridden the area. Wondering what type of range I'm going to need up there for decent loops? My KTM has a small tank but my DRZ is pretty heavy with the big tank, not sure which to take. Any advice on specific loops/trails that are must see would be appreciate. Thanks!

Might want to check the status of the area. Hard closure date until June 15th and a lot of the roads are washed out in that area due to the flooding a couple of weeks ago

no exact open date of the UPPER trail system actually......this is what confounds us every year. the FS just arbitrarily opens them, usually in mid july or later ( 7/21? last year). since you are camping in a few weeks, you MAY have only one lower elev. loop to ride some or all of depending on snow level and trail clearing. i would guess that even by mid june there will not be that lower loop open due to the huge snow pack this year so slim pickings. lower loop trails at mad lake/goose creek area are: lower chiwawa,minnow ridge, and chikamin ridge trails. call the ranger district before going for best current conditions.

Joe

Snow level on FS8410 west of Lake Chelan was reported to be at 4500ft yesterday. Going to take a while to melt it out the remaining 2000ft and even more in the shady trail areas.

In early or mid June I would hope for FS roads to melt out at best for the high roads, lower trails mentioned. The DRZ might be a better option if you can cover some pavement and FS road for fun.

The Dirty Face DS event is June 18th, same area, hoping things melt off by then.

Might want to check the status of the area. Hard closure date until June 15th and a lot of the roads are washed out in that area due to the flooding a couple of weeks ago

My mistake, I was thinking Gooseberry out of Taneum.

Little Jeff

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm thinking the DRZ in case we end up riding mostly FS roads. Will hope for the best!